- 230 g Butter, at room temperature
- 170 g caster sugar
- 150 g brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 345 g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 2 tbsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 185 g crystallised ginger
- demerera sugar, for rolling (can substitute with raw)
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees and line a baking tray with grease proof paper or ovenmat.
2. Add flour and crystallised ginger to bowl. Pulse 2 or 3 times to chop ginger. Repeat until ginger chopped to desired size.
3. Add baking soda, cream of tartar, ground ginger and salt. Pulse 3 times on REVERSE.
4. Remove and set aside.
5. Add butter and both sugars to bowl. Cream on speed 4 for 30 seconds.
6. Scrape down sides of bowl. Mix on speed 4 / 1 minute.
7. Turn to speed 4 for 30 seconds, adding eggs through lid one at a time.
8. Add flour mix back in, combine for 30 seconds / speed 4 / REVERSE.
9. Put dough in fridge to firm up.
10. Taking small scoops of dough, roll into balls then sloightly flatten and place onto baking tray.
11. bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown and cooked through.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Zucchini Donuts
- Passionfruit Jelly cakes with Vanilla Custard Cream filling
- Ouma's Banana bread
- Banana and Blueberry Mini Loaf
- Fig, Almond and Orange Blossom tart by Layelle
- Whole Banana Bread
- Nut and gluten-free muesli bar
- Chocolate Cheesecake Brownie Slice
- Peanut Butter Caramel Slice (with gluten free option)
- White Choc Spiders
- Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies
- Banana Cake
- Corn and Zucchini Fritters with Chives (Gluten Free)
- Bulletproof Coffee
- Broccoli cheese bites
- Veg biryani
- Pate au Pistou
- Choc Peanut Butter Bliss Balls
- Honey and Rosemary Upside Down Fig Cake
- FAILSAFE PIZZA POCKETS
- Real Deli Chicken
- Failsafe No-mato Sauce
- Supersoft Bread
- Variation Never Fail Fluffy Bread