- 1300 grams White chocolate drops
- 450 grams cream
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Weigh 650g white chocolate and chop for 10 seconds on speed 8
2. Set aside chopped chocolate into a bowl
3. Weigh the remaining 650g white chocolate and chop for 10 seconds on speed 8
4. Add 225g cream and mix 2 minutes / 50 degrees / speed 3
5. Scrape down the sides and mix 2 minutes / 50 degrees / speed 3
6. Transfer to a seperate bowl or container
7. Without cleaning the bowl, add the reserved chopped white chocolate
8. Add 225g cream and mix 2 minutes / 50 degrees / speed 3
9. Scrape down the sides and mix 2 minutes / 50 degrees / speed 3
10. Transfer into bowl/container with the rest of the white chocolate ganache and allow to cool completely and then leave to set overnight.
Accessories you need
This recipe makes a large amount of a thick ganache to give you more than enough to cover cakes for a perfect smooth finish for fondant.
I converted the recipe into two batches to ensure the chocolate chops evenly and also to minimise the amount of air bubbles in the ganache.
You can keep it in the fridge for a week (unless your cream was close to expiry).
When taken out of the fridge the ganache is too hard to spread. Reheat in small amounts in the microwave for 10 seconds, stir and repeat as needed.
If you want a dark chocolate ganache use 1200g dark chocolate and 600ml cream. Dark chocolate ganache is more stable when making intricate cakes.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Janine's Flower Citrus biscuits - Thermie and Friends
- Peanut Butter Protein Cookies
- Banana Cake
- Chocolate Crunch Slice
- Chocolate chips financier
- Nut Free Muesli Bar
- Nanaimo Bars (The Queen of)
- Aunty Tara's Banana Pancakes
- Biscoff Knafeh Tarts
- Dairy and Egg FREE Chocolate Fudge Cake
- Lu Lu's Golden Chew
- ANZAC BISCUITS
- Variation Honey Mustard Chicken
- Nutella Ice Cream (no eggs)
- nutella custard
- Easy Peasy Satay Chicken
- Banana Cream Brûlée’s
- Red Salmon, Dill and Finger Lime Dip
- Pineapple Cheesecake Jars
- Nanna's Vegetable Soup
- Biscoff Knafeh Tarts
- SEHAM’S POTATO BAKE
- Layali Lubnan (Lebanese Nights) by Layelle
- Cinnamon Star Bread