- 370 grams plain flour, + extra for dusting mat/bench and cutter
- 100 grams raw sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 80 grams Butter, cold, chopped into cubes
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoons Vanilla Paste
- 180 grams coconut cream, + 2 tablespoons for brushing
- 100 grams raspberries, frozen and kept in freezer until needed
- 40 grams Shredded coconut
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Add flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cubed butter into mixing bowl. Combine 5 sec/Sp 8.
- Add coconut cream, eggs and vanilla to the mixing bowl. Mix 5 sec/Sp 5 until just combined.
- Add in the frozen raspberries and shredded coconut. Mix 5 sec/ Sp 5.
- Dust your silicone mat or clean bench with flour. Turn your dough out onto mat/bench. It will be sticky! Using the base of your blades, twizzle your blades to help loosen mixture from mixing bowl. You may also use your spatula to get out any excess. Dust top of dough and squash into a chubby disc.
- Prepare a large, flat baking tray with a baking mat or baking paper.
- Use a floured rolling pin to roll your dough to approx. 20mm thickness. Dip your scone cutter (I use a flower shaped cookie cutter) into some plain flour and carefully cut 8-10 scones out, placing them gently on the prepared baking tray. Squish leftover dough back together and cut out 2-3 more shapes.
- With a pastry brush, brush each pretty scone with extra coconut cream. Place tray into freezer for 30 mins. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Once cooled in freezer for 30 mins, pop your scones into the preheated oven for 20 mins or until golden brown. These are glorious served with lemond curd and freshly whipped cream!
It it important the raspberries are very frozen for this recipe. They will become too squishy if thawed and make for an even stickier dough.
DAIRY FREE VARIATION: These can be made dairy free by using frozen, cubed Nutilex instead of the butter.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Zucchini Donuts
- Passionfruit Jelly cakes with Vanilla Custard Cream filling
- Ouma's Banana bread
- Banana and Blueberry Mini Loaf
- Fig, Almond and Orange Blossom tart by Layelle
- Whole Banana Bread
- Nut and gluten-free muesli bar
- Chocolate Cheesecake Brownie Slice
- Peanut Butter Caramel Slice (with gluten free option)
- White Choc Spiders
- Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies
- Banana Cake