- 250 grams flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 150 grams white sugar
- 50 grams brown sugar
- 240 grams cranberry juice
- 70 grams vegetable or melted coconut oil
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 200 grams fresh strawberries, rinsed, dried and tossed in 2 TBSP flour
1. Preheat oven to 180*C. Spray and line a 9x5 loaf pan
2. Place egg and sugar into TM bowl. Mix 10 seconds/speed 3.
3. Add cranberry juice, oil and vanilla to TM bowl. Mix 5 seconds/speed 3.
4. With the blades running at speed 1, slowly add the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon through the hole in the lid of the TM. Be careful not to over mix or the bread will be tough.
5. Turn the blades off once the dry ingrediants have mixed in. Using a spatula, gently fold in the strawberries.
6. Place the batter in the loaf tin and cook for 30-45 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean. If the top of the bread starts to get too brown, cover with aluminium foil.
7. Allow bread to cool on a wire rack.
8. Serve dusted with icing sugar or your favourite icing.
9. Store bread in an airtight container.
- Can be made as muffins, place batter into lined muffin tins and bake for 15-20 minutes or until skewer inserted comes out clean
- This bread freezes wonderfully
- You can add pecans or walnuts to the batter before baking
- You can substitute apple sauce instead of oil for a healthier version
- Set the egg out of the fridge a few hours before baking so that it is room temperature
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chewy Chocolate Slice
- The English Carrot
- Carrot and Almond Loaf
- Peach and Almond Dessert Cake
- FNG Bar
- Paleo Banana & Walnut Muffins
- Pecan biscuits
- Gluten Free Chocolate Brownie
- Flourless Almond, coconut and vanilla cake
- Nectarine & Blood Orange Frangipane Tart
- Variation Plum crumble cake
- Vanilla Fruit Biscotti