- 75 g warm water
- 1 tsp dried instant yeast
- 40 g caster sugar
- 300 g Baker's Flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp bread improver
- 1 tsp brewing sugar
- zest of half a small lemon
- 1 tsp salt
- 60 g unsalted butter, softened
- caster sugar
- Oil for deep frying
- Jam, raspberry, strawberry etc
6h 0minPreparation 6h 0minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Combine first 9 ingredients in the order listed, 20secs/sp7.
Knead 5 mins.
With the motor running on knead function , drop cubes of butter in through the MC hole. About 30secs per piece.
Blend 30secs/sp 7. Batter will be thick and not blending initially.
Set aside to prove in the usual way, until double. This will take a few hours.
Punch down and shape into 50g balls.
Place on a greased sheet and prove again (covered) until double. This may take a couple of hours.
Preheat the deep fryer to 180°C, (or a large saucepan with 2 litres of oil)
Carefully place 2-3 balls in the oil. Take care not to deflate the balls too much.
Fry app. 2-3 mins, each side, until golden.
You may have to help by gently submerging them with a spoon for a minute or so.
Drain on paper towels and then toss in the caster sugar, while still warm.
Squeeze a small amount of jam into each donut. I used an icing bag fitted with a long narrow tube.
You will need patience and some planning to make these.
But trust me...it's well worth the effort
They are unbelievably light and fluffy.
Join my groups "Thermify me" and "Thermify me Breadwinners" for more great recipes, tips and cooking inspiration.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Fruit slice
- Autumn Pear cake
- Creamy curried sausages
- Victoria sponge with vanilla buttercream filling.
- Traditional ANZAC biscuits
- Spinach, bacon and cheese pies (pie-maker)
- Banana and honey Bundt cake
- Upside down Ginger Pear Cake
- No-bake hazelnut slice
- Lamb and feta sausage rolls
- Artisan apple bread
- Zucchini and corn fritters
- Bacon Carrot & Corn Muffin
- Beef and Guinness Stew
- DinnerWinner Curry
- Variation Easy chicken kimchi
- Easy chicken kimchi
- Chicken, Bacon, Mushroom Fettuccine Carbonara
- Gluten Free Yeast Free Egg Free Bread Rolls
- Wontons in Chilli Broth
- Black Bean Brownies - dairy and gluten free
- Bertha's "St. Patrick's" Gluten Free Zucchini Pancakes
- Autumn Pear cake
- Mexican-Inspired Baked Chicken Wraps with Avocado Dip