- 31/2 cups bakers flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg, for wash
- 2 1/4 teaspoons dry yeast
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/3cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 2/3 cup warm water
- 1/3 cup oil
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 11/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 dashes salt
32h 0minPreparation 2h 0minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Wet Ingredients
2 eggs (third for egg wash)
2 1/4 teaspoons dry yeast
3 tablespoons honey
1/3 cup olive oil.
3 1/2 cups of bakers flour
1 teaspoon of salt
- Add all wet ingredients into"Closed lid" and mix 3 secs on speed 3.
Then add the dry ingredients into "Closed lid" and mix 7 secs on speed 3.
Then for 5 and half minutes on"Dough mode" ."Closed lid"
- Dough may be a little sticky, that is good.
Flour thermo mat and put dough on the mat and wrap up and place teatowel over the thermo mat.
Place in warm dry spot for 1 hour for rising.
- While the dough is rising add 1/3 cup of oil, 3/4 cup of brown sugar and 1 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon and pinch of salt.
Mix it into a small bowl and put aside. If it is a hot day do not leave out on bench or the sugar will melt.
- Pre heat the oven to 190C.
Separate the dough into 3 pieces.
Roll each one into a rectangle with a rolling pin.
Spread the cinnamon mixture over the dough, leaving a 1/2 inch around the edges. Roll the rectangle (with your fingers) into a log shape and pinch the ends. Do this with the other pieces of dough.
- Prepare a tray with baking paper and place each strand on the tray side by side. Then plait the strands.
Cover the plait and let rise for a further 30mins.
- Once it has risen again gently brush the challah dough with the egg wash and bake for 30mins. If the top is getting a little to brown place alfoil over the top.
- Once cooked place on wire rack immediately.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Zesty Middle Eastern Pearl Couscous
- Paleo Spiced Almond and Date Hot Chocolate (Vegan, GF)
- Gluten Free Banana Doughnuts
- Oats, hazelnut, banana, chocolate chips muesli bar
- nutella custard
- Chocolate chips financier
- Nut Free Muesli Bar
- Easy Peasy Satay Chicken
- BOOBIE BISCUIT
- Nanaimo Bars (The Queen of)
- Vegetable stew with peanut butter
- Apple Crumble Pie