- 40g almonds
- 350g bakers flour
- 150g dried fruit and nuts
- 25g raw sugar
- 1 lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 sachet of dried yeast
- 3/4 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1 egg, beaten
- 175g Milk
- 50g Butter
- 120g almonds
- 150g raw sugar
- 1 egg
- 5g lemon juice
- 5g dry sherry
Put the lemon rind into the bowl and chop speed 9/12 secs.
Add the almonds and chop speed 7/7 secs.
Add the flour and butter and mix speed 6/ 7 secs to look like breadcrumbs.
Add all the other ingredients and mix on speed 5/10 secs/ reverse to make a dough.
Knead for 3 mins "Dough mode" .
Leave to rise until double its size (1.5 hours ...)
Once it has risen, knock it back and roll into a square shape and brush with melted butter.
Place the almond paste roll in the middle and fold the dough around it making a sausage shape.
Put into a cold oven - turn on the oven to 190 degrees and cook for 40 minutes or until you can hear knocking when you tap the bottom ....
Sprinkle with icing suger for a festive look !!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Easy Seeded Sourdough
- Bao buns.(makes 8)
- Sweet Potato Bread with Walnuts and Maple syrup
- Gluten Free Bread (using Italian flour)
- Mexican Coffee Buns, Roti Boy, Pappa Roti
- Turkish Pide Bread
- Quick garlic bread for two!
- Floury Baps
- Hot Cross Bun Apple and Cinnamon Scrolls
- Easy Garlic & Spinach Naan Bread
- Proving bread in Varoma for TM6
- Medium Multigrain Loaf
- Apple Almond Tart
- Banana Bran Muffins
- GlazBro Silverside
- Magnolia Kitchen 'Charlotte's' Chewy Chocolate chip cookies
- Cheesy sour cream and chives crackers
- Satay Chicken
- Apple Pie Porridge
- Habanero Mustard
- Chocolate Keto Fat Bombs 💥
- No-Fuss Dumpling Noodle Soup
- Wild Orange Chocolate Mousse Slice
- Anya's Banana Bread