- 240 g water
- 10 g fresh live yeast, (alternatively 5 g dry yeast)
- 350 g Baker's Flour
- 150 g spelt flour
- 100 g unflavoured yoghurt
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 level teaspoon honey
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar, optional to reduce yeast taste, won't be tasted as ingredient
- 1 teaspoons bread improver, optional
1h 30minPreparation 1h 30minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Water and yeast in for 3 min/ 37 degrees / sp 1.
(Compulsory for fresh yeast, recommended for dried, but not absolutely neccessary)
Add all the other ingredients and use dough mode for 4 minutes.
Let the dough rise in a bowl covered with a damp towel for 1,5h. Afterwards flour a surface in your kitchen and fold the dough like an envelope 3 times to remove air from the dough. In the end form into a loaf shape.
Grease a bread tin with lid, closed silicone form or your gran's old roasting tin and put the bread in. Now slice through the top of the dough with a sharp knife in a pattern of your choice (otherwise the bread will rip open where it wants to instead of where it should), squeeze some droplets of water on top of it and put into a COLD (!!!!) oven on the lowest rung with a closed lid.
Bake 50-60 minutes on 240 degree top and bottom heat, the last 10 min without a lid to brown the crust a little.
Perfectionists add a handful of ice blocks on the oven floor to create a vapour to increase the niceness of crust. This will evaporate as you bake your bread. Enjoy!
Inspiration from Joghurtkruste IKORS / German lady blogger.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Breakfast Bran Loaf
- Sunday morning quick'n easy rolls
- Rewena Paraoa (Maori Bread)
- Cinnamon Rolls (Cinnabon Clone) - Guley Girl's Cooking Steps
- Challah Jewish Sweet Bread
- Black Forest Scrolls
- No Knead Sourdough
- Squid Ink Bread
- Multigrain Bread
- Hi-Fibre Bread Loaf or Rolls
- ThermoMonts Quinoa Crackers
- Fluffy white bread made with whey
- Overnight Apple Oats
- Southern Cheesy Corn Cakes
- All in one spaghetti bolognese
- Salted caramel crackers
- Palacinke (Croatian Crepes)
- Ultimate Ooey Gooey Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Portuguese Chicken
- Honey Mustard Chicken in 14 mins (non shredding!!)
- Fruit Snack Bars
- Leek, Corn & Feta Frittata
- Chicken and Zucchini brown rice Risotto
- Jamie Oliver's Tray Baked Sole