- 20 grams star anise
- 20 grams cloves
- 20 grams cinnamon
- 20 grams Sichuan pepper
- 20 grams fennel seeds
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons apple juice
- 1 tablespoon soy or coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon rice wine or apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon 5 Spice powder
- 8 pieces Pork Belly, finger sized
- 2 tablespoons pork or beef fat, or oil
2h 2minPreparation 2minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
Grind the spices for 20 secs./slowly increasing to speed 10.
Chop the garlic for 4 secs./speed 5
Add the rest of the ingredients and mix for 3 secs./speed3
Heat a large pan with the fat or oil and fry the pork on all sides until well caramalised. Make sure you crisp up the skin on the top.
Arrange in a small baking dish that is just large enough to hold all the pork. Make sure you arrange it so the skin is facing the top.
Carefully pour in the marrinade, making sure it comes at least 3/4 up the side of the pork.
Braise in a medium oven (160C-170C) for 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Watch it carefully to ensure the liquid is high enough, adding more apple juice or water as needed and that the skin crisps up well but does not burn.
Once cooked set the pork aside or lay on a baking tray and crisp the skin under a grill, while you reduce the braising liquid until thick and syrupy to use as a dipping sauce.
5 Spice Powder
Accessories you need
You can of course make much more by doubling or trippling the recipe. But the best thing is to combine these with my Stuffed Chicken Wings as part of a banquet along with some steamed rice (or Cauli-Rice) and other simple dishes.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Taco rissoles
- Sausages with onion gravy and vegetables
- KFC Chicken at Home
- Claypot Mushroom Chicken Rice
- pull pork stew
- Sesame Oil Whole Chicken - roast using Thermomix!
- alittliebityummy.com Low FODMAP Spaghetti Bolognese
- Minted Lamb Burgers
- Chicken Satay with peanut sauce
- Hunker Begendi
- Stuffed Capsicums with Tomato, Mince & Rice
- Beef Roghan Josh Curry (GF)
- Paleo Chicken, Sage & Brandy Pate - Dairy Free Option
- Cream of Smokey Tomato Soup - Paleo, GAPS, Dairy Free, Vegan
- Mexican Baked Rice - Primal Grain Free Option
- Paleo Soft American Style Cookies 3 ways! - Grain & Gluten Free, Vegan option
- Paleo Waffles - Gluten, Grain & Dairy Free
- Paleo Fluffy Waffles with Whipped Coconut Cream - Gluten, Grain & Dairy Free.
- "Un-Fried Cauli Rice" - Paleo, GAPS, Gluten & Grain Free, Vego option
- Paleo ANZAC biscuits (Gluten & Grain Free)
- GAPS & Paleo Zucchini Pancakes - Hidden Veggies
- Delicious Paleo Butter Chicken Curry - Mild (GAPS, gluten & dairy free option)
- 2 ingredient Pumpkin Custard (Dairy, Grain & Gluten Free, GAPS & Paleo)
- Super Silky Paleo Cauliflower & Parsnip Mash
- Low Sugar Plum Jam or Apricot Jam
- Best Ever BBQ Sauce - Weebindi Version
- Chai Turmeric
- Carrot and Almond Loaf
- FNG Bar
- Paleo Banana & Walnut Muffins
- Variation Ginger and Soy Glazed Salmon with Bok Choy and Coconut Rice
- Thermo Papa's veg loaded pizza sauce
- Zucchini balls
- Spicy Peanut Satay Sauce (Thick)
- Spicy Apricot BBQ Sauce
- Chicken and Corn Risotto