- 7 eggs
- 1 onion, peeled, cut in half
- 1-2 garlic cloves, depending on size
- 1 small chilli
- 1 sprig sage, leaves only
- 3 Slices Bread
- plain flour, for dusting
- 500g premium mince, (pork, lamb, beef)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Do breadcrumbs first by placing bread into TM bowl and blitz on speed 5 for 5 seconds, or until desired texture. Set aside
No need to wash bowl
2. Fill TM bowl to the 1 litre mark. Place 6 eggs in TM basket and cook 15 minutes varoma speed 2.
Meanwhile, place plain flour on a plate and set aside
3. Once eggs are cooked, set aside until cooled completely
Tip water out
4. Place onion, garlic, chilli, sage and salt and pepper into TM bowl and blitz speed 6 for 3 seconds
5. Add mince and remaining egg and mix on speed 4 for 5 seconds until combined
6. Once eggs are cooled, place onto plate of flour and cover egg slightly to ensure they have a dry surface
7. Divide the mixture into 6 even portions. Mould a portion in the cup of your hand and place a hard boiled egg into the cup and shape meat around to cover egg. Role it to smooth surface.
8. Roll in bread crumbs and set aside. Repeat with other eggs.
9. Place prepared scotch eggs in Air fryer basket and cook 220.C for 20mins (add 5 minutes if air fryer hasnt been preheated), or until golden brown.
Cooking time will vary depending on air fryer model and if cooking in a conventional oven.
For a meatloaf, place half the mixture in a loaf pan. Line boiled eggs down the centre lengthways and press remaining mixture over the top. Bake until cooked through.
I used pork and beef mince with this recipe.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Stewed Beef Brisket with tomato
- Coconut Pumpkin Soup
- Thai Pumpkin Soup
- Tuna Dip
- Zucchini and Potato Soup
- Chicken, pumpkin, basil pesto risotto
- Sweet corn fritters
- Cheesy green capsicum chicken
- Sam's Simple Satay
- Variation Chicken Broccoli Bake
- Roast cauliflower dhal soup
- Quinoa, Chickpea & Spinach Balls in Tomato Sauce