- oil, for greasing
- 300 g cheddar cheese, cut into pieces (3 cm)
- 4 sprigs fresh flat-parsley, leaves only
- 190 g polenta
- 80 g self-raising flour
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 100 g full cream milk
- 1 egg
- 1 brown onion (approx. 150 g), cut into halves
- 3 garlic cloves
- 20 g extra virgin olive oil
- 500 g Beef mince
- 1 tsp raw sugar
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4-1/2 tsp ground cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground allspice
- 1 pinch Freshly ground black pepper
- 400 g canned chopped tomatoes
- 2 tsp Vegetable stock paste (see Tips)
- 100 g water
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 400 g canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 100 g red capsicum, deseeded and cut into pieces (2 cm)
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Lightly grease a casserole dish (29 x 22 x 8 cm) and set aside.
- Place cheddar cheese and parsley into mixing bowl and grate 8 sec/speed 8. Transfer into a small bowl and set aside.
- Without cleaning mixing bowl, place polenta, flour, sea salt, baking powder, milk and egg into mixing bowl and blend 5 sec/speed 3.
- Add 150g of the reserved cheese and parsley mixture and blend 3 sec/speed 5. Transfer into a separate bowl and set aside. Clean and dry mixing bowl.
- Place onion, garlic and oil into mixing bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 5.
- Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula, then cook 3 min/Varoma/speed 1.
- Add beef, sugar, paprika, ginger, cayenne pepper, cinnamon, allspice and black pepper and cook 3 min/Varoma/"Counter-clockwise operation" /speed "Gentle stir setting" .
- Add tomatoes, stock paste, water and tomato paste and cook 10 min/100°C/"Counter-clockwise operation" /speed "Gentle stir setting" .
- Transfer beef mixture into prepared casserole dish, stir through black beans and capsicum. With damp hands, divide dumpling mixture into 16 portions (approx. 40 g each) and roll into balls. Place dumplings on top of beef. Place remaining cheese and parsley mixture on top of dumplings and bake for 45 minutes (160°C), until golden brown. Rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Cheese and polenta dumplings
Accessories you need
Please refer to The Basic Cookbook or Everyday Cookbook for the Vegetable stock paste recipe.
This recipe is from the Hearty Casseroles and Bakes collection at Cookidoo.com.au
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Spiced Apricot Beef
- Kid Approved Curried Sausages
- Beef Ragu
- Curried sausages
- Fara's red kidney beans and beef chilli
- Peanut Satay Chicken
- Goat Bhuna Ghost
- Mince and Cheese Pie
- Butter chicken using Pepper and Me Tandoori Paste
- Low Fodmap Sticky Pork Spare Ribs
- Chilli Con Carne - TM31 TM5 TM6
- Honey Soy Chicken – TM31 TM5 TM6
- Parmesan cheese crisps
- Tostadas - Jo Whitton
- Spiced pear jam and chorizo
- Barbecued pork ribs
- Satay noodle salad
- Taco seasoning
- Chocolate fondant cake
- Cheat's sourdough
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Sous vide fillet of beef with mushroom custard (TM6 only) - Chef Mark Southon
- Mashed potatoes
- Chiang mai noodles
- Whole orange, date, walnut, chia and oat muffins
- DATE, APRICOT AND CRANBERRY LOAF
- Macadmia Nut tartlets
- Kid Approved Curried Sausages
- Donut ice-cream
- Weetbix Banana Cinnamon Biscuits
- MIxed Grain Bread rolls
- Spicy Bean Burgers by Dr Clare Bailey and Justine Pattison
- Chocolate Meringue Brownie Cake
- Blanch Vegetables
- Chocky Rock Biscuits - Cornflake and choc chip biscuits
- Beef and Lentil Soup