- 140 g whole macadamia nuts
- 550 g chicken thighs
- 180 g quinoa grains, pronounced Keen-Wa, rinsed thoroughly in a fine sieve
- 2 egg whites, .
- 1 bunch coriander, roots removed & rinsed well
- 20 - 30 g peeled fresh ginger - cut into slices.
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 small onion, or eschalot.
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 10 g extra virgin olive oil
1h 0minPreparation 30minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
Rince quinoa really well and then drain off water
Bring 500g of water to the boil in the mixing bowl (or pre-boil and then pour in)
Cover the upper tray of the Varoma with wet baking paper
Place Quinoa on baking paper
Steam in the Varoma 18 min/Varoma temp/speed 2
Once cooked, tip into large bowl and set aside.
Place macadamia nuts into bowl and chop 4 sec/speed 6.
Set aside in bowl with cooked quinoa.
Place ginger, garlic, onion, salt & ground pepper into mixing bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 7.
Scrape down sides of bowl and repeat process if necessary.
Add evoo and sauté 2 min/Varoma temp/speed 2.
Add chicken to mixing bowl and chop 15 sec/speed 8 (you may need to hold on to the bowl as it can be a little bumpy)
Add coursely chopped coriander and chop again 5 sec/speed 8.
Scrape mixture into a big bowl and combine with the quinoa, nuts and other ingredients.
Add 2 egg whites and mix all ingredients together with hands until well blended (disposable gloves are a help here)
Measure out 80cm of baking paper - (the length of your ThermoMat + 10cm)
Wet the baking paper under a running tap and squeeze out excess water.
Place damp paper on top of ThermoMat.
Wrap the loaf in the baking paper covering completely - with the excess paper facing up towards you
Place the Varoma tray over the loaf and then flip to place the loaf onto the tray - right side up (excess ends underneath the loaf on the tray to prevent from going out of shape)
Fill the mixing bowl to the 1L mark and place Varoma into position.
Steam 32 min/Varoma temp/speed 2.
Allow to stand for 5 minutes in the baking paper before serving.
Quinoa - Prepare this first
Chicken Macadamia Roll
Accessories you need
Begin by preparing and cooking the Quinoa.
Once cooking you can prepare the other ingredients.
Delicious served with your TM Chilli Sauce or Chutney - or just plain.
Very tasty served either hot or cold.
Lovely with salad or steamed vegies.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Variation Apricot Chicken
- Sweet & Sour Pork Belly
- Mum T's meatloaf
- Spicy beef
- Meatloaf with Barbecue Sauce
- Roast chicken low carb
- Chicken sausage & macaroni casserole
- Thai chicken cakes with satay sauce and pickled cucumber drizzle
- Satay Chicken
- Portuguese Pea stew - Ervilhas com ovos escalfados
- Variation Chicken, Bacon, Pumpkin & Spinach Risotto
- Quick Quiche Boats
- Spaghetti Alfredo
- Green Chicken Curry with Jasmine Rice
- Hot Cross Buns with plain flour
- Lemon & Blueberry Muffins (Paleo)
- Easy Pancakes
- Green pesto vegetable soup
- Vegan “cheese” puffs
- Sweet curry with crumbed chicken on cous cous
- Claypot Rice
- CREAM FILLED ECLAIRS WITH CHOCOLATE GANACHE
- Hemp rolls Vegan/Paleo/Gaps
- White Chocolate & Cream Cheese Buttercream Icing