THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 400 grams chicken breast, diced
- 3 cloves garlic
- 4 cm fresh ginger, (or 1 teaspoon tube ginger)
- 2 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- dash sesame oil
- 1 can coconut cream
- sliced vegetables, see tip section for my suggestions
- sesame seeds
- cashew nuts, raw
- 1 fresh chilli, about a 1 inch size piece (more if you like it hot)
- fresh coriander
- handful of flat leaf parsley
- 1 tsp Rapadura Sugar
- 1 tbsp veg stock
- 400 grams basmati rice
- water, (up to 1200 grams including coconut cream)
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 2 celery sticks, sliced
- broccoli, cut into small pieces
- bok choy, thinly sliced
Place garlic and ginger into mixing bowl and chop 5 sec/speed 7.
Scrape out of mixing bowl (using spatula) and mix with pre-cut chicken in a large bowl.
Do not wash the mixing bowl.
Add a sesame oil and tamari/soy sauce to bowl with chicken, mix, cover with cling wrap and set aside.
Weigh coconut cream in the mixing bowl and add water up to 1200g.
Place lid on mixing bowl and set simmering basket on top of lid.
Reset scales to zero and weigh rice in basket.
Remove basket and lid from top of mixng bowl and rinse rice in the basket under tap.
Place basket into mixing bowl and lock lid into place
Put Varoma into position and spread chicken out evenly within the tray to enable holes for the steam to come through.
Steam 20 min/Varoma temp/speed 4.
While the chicken is steaming, prepare vegetables and place into Varoma as it heats up. (or place in a seperate steamer)
Start chopping the firmer vegetables first and add them to the Varoma as soon as they are chopped to correct size. Leave softer vegetables (like capsicum, shallots, snow peas etc) until the end as they have a shorter cooking time.
Make sure there are still holes visible for the steam to get through.
Over the top of the vegetables, sprinkle sesame seeds, cashew nuts and more sesame oil & tamari / soy sauce.
Once cooking time has finished remove the rice (place in ThermServer to keep warm).
Stir the chicken and veges, breaking the chicken apart and again, making sure there are still holes unblocked for the steam to get through.
Cook for further 5 - 10min/Varoma temp/speed 2 checking the chicken is cooked through.
Once cooked, remove Varoma tray while you finish the sauce.
(Tip: you can take off the ThermoServer lid with the rice init and sit the Varoma tray on top so they both stay warm)
To the mixing bowl (with coconut cream etc still in there) add a couple of handfuls of cashews, chilli, coriander / parsley, 2 garlic cloves, 2cm piece of ginger, couple more tbsp of soy / tamari sauce, rapadura sugar and chicken stock paste.
Blend 1 min/speed 9.
No need to measure just use your instincts, blend, taste and then adjust if necessary!
Serve immediately - rice, chicken and vegetables with cashews on top, and sauce drizzled over liberally.
The first 2 steps, marinating the chicken, can be done ahead of time for more flavour - but if you're doing it all at the last minute it still tastes good!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Mandy’s Chicken and Mushroom Filling
- The. Fast 800 Chicken Pieces with Parmesan Crumb converted by Thermo-lish
- Tracy’s Beef Rendang
- Lamb & Feta Rissoles
- Tasty Shepherds Pie
- The Fast 800 Smoked Salmon Omelette conversion by Thermo-lish
- Meatloaf with Honey Mustard Glaze
- Cheats kousa
- Chicken and Leek Risotto
- Mum's chicken stuffing
- Meatballs with Sauce & Veggie Noodles
- Slow Cooked Curried Mince
- Mandy’s Chicken and Mushroom Filling
- mint sauce tm5
- Authentic Lebanese Brown Lentil Soup
- Green wellness juice
- No bake Malteser cheesecake with caramilk swirl
- Baked Espresso Martini Cheesecake with Kahlua Syrup
- Teriyaki salmon with rice
- Vegan espresso coconut cream caramel
- Janine's Rez B Haleeb (Rice Pudding)
- Turkish simit
- Lemon Slice
- **Sugar free, egg free, dairy free** Apple , banana and carrot baby/toddler muffins