THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 400 grams chicken breast, diced
- 3 cloves garlic
- 4 cm fresh ginger, (or 1 teaspoon tube ginger)
- 2 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- dash sesame oil
- 1 can coconut cream
- sliced vegetables, see tip section for my suggestions
- sesame seeds
- cashew nuts, raw
- 1 fresh chilli, about a 1 inch size piece (more if you like it hot)
- fresh coriander
- handful of flat leaf parsley
- 1 tsp Rapadura Sugar
- 1 tbsp veg stock
- 400 grams basmati rice
- water, (up to 1200 grams including coconut cream)
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 2 celery sticks, sliced
- broccoli, cut into small pieces
- bok choy, thinly sliced
Place garlic and ginger into mixing bowl and chop 5 sec/speed 7.
Scrape out of mixing bowl (using spatula) and mix with pre-cut chicken in a large bowl.
Do not wash the mixing bowl.
Add a sesame oil and tamari/soy sauce to bowl with chicken, mix, cover with cling wrap and set aside.
Weigh coconut cream in the mixing bowl and add water up to 1200g.
Place lid on mixing bowl and set simmering basket on top of lid.
Reset scales to zero and weigh rice in basket.
Remove basket and lid from top of mixng bowl and rinse rice in the basket under tap.
Place basket into mixing bowl and lock lid into place
Put Varoma into position and spread chicken out evenly within the tray to enable holes for the steam to come through.
Steam 20 min/Varoma temp/speed 4.
While the chicken is steaming, prepare vegetables and place into Varoma as it heats up. (or place in a seperate steamer)
Start chopping the firmer vegetables first and add them to the Varoma as soon as they are chopped to correct size. Leave softer vegetables (like capsicum, shallots, snow peas etc) until the end as they have a shorter cooking time.
Make sure there are still holes visible for the steam to get through.
Over the top of the vegetables, sprinkle sesame seeds, cashew nuts and more sesame oil & tamari / soy sauce.
Once cooking time has finished remove the rice (place in ThermServer to keep warm).
Stir the chicken and veges, breaking the chicken apart and again, making sure there are still holes unblocked for the steam to get through.
Cook for further 5 - 10min/Varoma temp/speed 2 checking the chicken is cooked through.
Once cooked, remove Varoma tray while you finish the sauce.
(Tip: you can take off the ThermoServer lid with the rice init and sit the Varoma tray on top so they both stay warm)
To the mixing bowl (with coconut cream etc still in there) add a couple of handfuls of cashews, chilli, coriander / parsley, 2 garlic cloves, 2cm piece of ginger, couple more tbsp of soy / tamari sauce, rapadura sugar and chicken stock paste.
Blend 1 min/speed 9.
No need to measure just use your instincts, blend, taste and then adjust if necessary!
Serve immediately - rice, chicken and vegetables with cashews on top, and sauce drizzled over liberally.
The first 2 steps, marinating the chicken, can be done ahead of time for more flavour - but if you're doing it all at the last minute it still tastes good!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chicken, Mushroom & Sweet Potato Bake
- Massaman Curry Paste
- Peanut crusted chicken
- Leftover Chicken Burgers - Using Leftover Cooked Chicken
- Chicken Fricassee (great with Smoked Chicken)
- Variation Chicken Broccoli Bake
- Mustard and chive chicken
- Clean Thai Beef Salad with Brown Rice
- Sous Vide Rib
- Padang Style Chicken Curry Recipe
- Curried Sausages
- Slow cooked Curried Sausages - with hidden veggies
- Masala Dosa
- Fakes- Greek Lentil Soup
- Vegan Cinnamon Scrolls
- Carrot, Ginger and Turmeric Soup
- Fluffy Sweet Caramel Flan
- Frijoles colados estilo guatemalteco
- Red Lentil Dahl
- Chicken, Mushroom & Sweet Potato Bake
- Quick "Chocolate" Cake - Gluten Free
- Cheesy Bacon Scrolls
- Cheese & Bacon scrolls
- Apple porridge