- 400 g Left-over turkey or chicken
- 2 skinless chicken fillets (approx 200g each), cut in 1/2 horizontally, pre-cooked in the Varoma
- 2 cans Whole tomatoes (400g)
- 20 g olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 large onion, quartered
- 1 long red chilli (optional), deseeded (optional)
- 1 Medium Carrot, roughly chopped
- 1 stick celery
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder, or to taste
- 1 tbsp TM Vegetable stock paste
- black pepper, to taste
- salt, to taste
- 1 can Canelloni beans or Chick peas (420g), drained
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded &amp;amp;amp;amp; diced
1) Place cooked turkey or chicken in TM bowl.
Shred 7 sec / / speed 4
2) Add contents of tomato tins to TM bowl.
Chop 1 sec / / Turbo
(Turbo / 1 sec for TM5)
Remove lid, scrap down sides of bowl with spatula.
Repeat if necessary. (You don't want the tomatoes too fine. Tomatoes should be chunky.)
Clean & dry TM bowl.
3) Put oil, garlic, onion, carrot & celery into TM bowl (& fresh chilli if using).
Chop 3 sec / speed 7. Scrap down sides of bowl. Repeat in 1 sec bursts if necessary.
Saute 3min / Varoma temperature (120C for TM5) / speed 1.
3) Return tomatoes & turkey or chicken to TM bowl. Add spices, stock & beans. Add diced capsicum. Mix ingredients together in TM bowl with spatula.
Cook 30 min / 100C / / with TM basket on top.
4) Serve with sides of your choice e.g. guacamole, rice, tortillas, mashed potato, bread or toast.
1) Place 1 litre of water in TM bowl.
2) Place chicken breasts on top tray of Varoma
3) Put Varoma in place
Steam 25 min / Varoma / speed 2
4) Ensure chicken is cooked through and allow to cool.
5) Empty & dry TM bowl
6) Proceed with Chilli con Carne de Aves recipe as above.
Chilli con Carne de Aves
Precooking of chicken breasts if you don't have any left-overs - (adds 25 minutes cooking time to recipe, and time for cooked meat to cool)
THIS RECIPE ALSO SUITABLE FOR TM5
White coloured beans have been chosen for this recipe to match the white meat of the turkey or chicken. Canelloni beans are also known as white kidney beans.
This recipe is a great way to use Christmas Dinner left-overs.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Variation Apricot Chicken
- Sweet & Sour Pork Belly
- Mum T's meatloaf
- Spicy beef
- Meatloaf with Barbecue Sauce
- Roast chicken low carb
- Chicken sausage & macaroni casserole
- Thai chicken cakes with satay sauce and pickled cucumber drizzle
- Satay Chicken
- Portuguese Pea stew - Ervilhas com ovos escalfados
- Variation Chicken, Bacon, Pumpkin & Spinach Risotto
- Quick Quiche Boats
- Chai Masala Tea Cake
- Chai Masala & Chai Tea
- Frangipani ( Almond ) Tart with Cherries
- Apple - A - Day Cake
- Satay Sauce with Quorn Chicken-Style Fillets &/or Vegetables
- Quorn Meat-Style Balls with Tomato Sauce [Suitable for 5:2]
- Spiced Dahl with Spinach [suitable for 5:2]
- Vegetarian Chilli Con Carne (with optional Cauliflower Rice) [suitable for 5:2]
- Easiest Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Evaporated Milk
- Easiest Butter in the Thermomix
- Chocolate Custard (Pudding)
- Hot Cross Buns with plain flour
- Lemon & Blueberry Muffins (Paleo)
- Easy Pancakes
- Green pesto vegetable soup
- Vegan “cheese” puffs
- Sweet curry with crumbed chicken on cous cous
- Claypot Rice
- CREAM FILLED ECLAIRS WITH CHOCOLATE GANACHE
- Hemp rolls Vegan/Paleo/Gaps
- White Chocolate & Cream Cheese Buttercream Icing
- Variation Apricot Chicken
- Blueberry and Lemon Hot Cross Buns