THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 200 g arborio rice
- 900 g water
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- bunch parsley
- 100 g pancetta (bacon)
- 1 carrot, roughly cut
- 45 g olive oil
- 250 g pork mince
- 250 g Beef mince
- 2 bottles Italian Cooking Sauce (or Everyday Cookbook Sauce)
- 50 g water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable stock concentrate
- salt & pepper
- mixed Italian herbs
- 8 large red capsicums
Weigh and wash rice thoroughly.
Place water into TM bowl. Insert basket with rice and cook for 8 minutes at Varoma temperature on Speed 4. Set aside.
Add onion, garlic, parsley, bacon and carrot into TM bowl and chop for 7 seconds on Speed 4.
Add oil and sauté for 4 minutes at Varoma on Speed 1.
Slowly feed the mince through the MC opening while it’s cooking for 10 minutes on Reverse + Speed soft.
Add the sauce, water and stock and cook for 10 minutes at Varoma on Reverse and Speed soft. While it is cooking, wash the red capsicums by cutting an opening at the top and remove all seeds.
In a bowl combine the rice and mince mixture. Insert the capsicums with the combined mixture and place in an oven proof dish.
Use any leftover mixture as the sauce. You can add vegetable stock and/or water or sauce to make it more liquid. Pour the sauce over the capsicums till it reaches at least half way of the capsicums.
Bake on the stove top or in an oven at 180 degrees for 30 minutes.
Instead of red capsicums you can use cabbage. Peel off the cabbage leaves and pour boiling water over the cabbage leaves. This softens the leaf and therefore you are able to place the mixture on the leaf and roll into a parcel.
Serve this dish with Mashed Potato (Everyday Cookbook) as this combines well with the sauce.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Variation Apricot Chicken
- Sweet & Sour Pork Belly
- Mum T's meatloaf
- Spicy beef
- Meatloaf with Barbecue Sauce
- Roast chicken low carb
- Chicken sausage & macaroni casserole
- Thai chicken cakes with satay sauce and pickled cucumber drizzle
- Satay Chicken
- Portuguese Pea stew - Ervilhas com ovos escalfados
- Variation Chicken, Bacon, Pumpkin & Spinach Risotto
- Quick Quiche Boats
- Spaghetti Alfredo
- Green Chicken Curry with Jasmine Rice
- Hot Cross Buns with plain flour
- Traditional ANZAC biscuits
- Gluten Free Anzac Biscuits
- Spinach, bacon and cheese pies (pie-maker)
- Hot cross buns
- Green pesto vegetable soup
- Vegan “cheese” puffs
- Sweet curry with crumbed chicken on cous cous
- Claypot Rice
- CREAM FILLED ECLAIRS WITH CHOCOLATE GANACHE