THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 6 eggs, or as many fit in your dish
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 carrot, roughly chopped
- 1 zucchini, roughly chopped
- 500 grams minced meat (beef, chicken or pork), or make your own from the EDC
- 7 sprigs herbs of choice, I used oregano, tarragon, parsley and rosemary
- 1-3 tablespoons fat (tallow or lard), if mince is very lean
- 3 tablespoons home made beef stock, or white wine or apple juice
- seasoning, I used salt, white pepper and a pinch of cinnamon
- 2 onions
- 2 tablespoons ghee, butter or fat
- 200 grams home made beef stock, or EDC stock and water or white wine
- 1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard, if GAPS legal (Global Organics brand is)
- seasoning to taste
- Homemade fermented, pickled or steamed vegetables
- Mashed potato, cauliflower (GAPS/PALEO) or other vegetable
- More mustard and or tomato sauce or fermented salsa
Recipe is created for
9Alcohol-free Children food Gluten free Lactose free Non-dairy Autumn Easter Spring Summer Winter Baking Steam cooking Chef recipes Creative Easy Natural Quick British & Irish Brunch Dinner Lunch Supper Buffet Everyday Party Picnic Australian USA Main course Egg dish (soufflé, omelette) Meat dish Terrine
Weigh in 500 grams of water and insert the basket into the Thermomix bowl. Add the eggs to the basket and set to cook for 5 mins./Varoma/Speed 3
Take the basket out with the spatular and run under cold water to cool. Leave to cool while you make the meat mixture.
Add all the vege and herbs to the bowl and chop finely 5 secs./speed 5 then add the rest of the ingredients and mix 5 secs./speed 4 or until fully mixed.
If you are not nightshade free then you can make a glaze with 2 tablespoons of tomato sauce and 2 tablespoons of worcestershire sauce and pour over the top of the meatloaf before baking.
Bake at 180C for 40-60 minutes or until cooked through.
While the meatloaf is cooking make your gravy!
Chop the onions for 4 secs./speed 4.
Add the fat or butter and saute for 10 mins./Varoma/Speed 3.
Add the mustard and stock and cook 5 mins./80'C/speed 3
Serve your meatloaf sliced with onion gravy generously poured over and either pickled vegetales (if on GAPS) or steamed and buttered vege and a side of vege mash if you like.
Lefovers are great cold in sandwiches or as a picnic lunch.
Steam the Eggs
Herbed Meat Mix
If your eggs are fresh they will be harder to peel. You can of course cook them to well done so they are hard boiled in your meatloaf, I just like them runny.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Snowy’s Pork Ribs
- Steak & Kidney pie (paleo, AIP)
- Lamb Ragu
- Sri Lankan-style Chicken Curry Recipe:
- Oatmeal recipe
- Honey-soy chicken wings
- Indonesian Chicken Curry Recipe:
- Grain Free Dairy Free Keto Lasagna
- Raulas beef burgers
- Sassy Spaghetti Bolognese
- Chicken & Sweet Potato Nuggets (Paleo & BLW Friendly)
- Thai basil chilli chicken blade cover
- Paleo Chicken, Sage & Brandy Pate - Dairy Free Option
- Cream of Smokey Tomato Soup - Paleo, GAPS, Dairy Free, Vegan
- Mexican Baked Rice - Primal Grain Free Option
- Paleo Soft American Style Cookies 3 ways! - Grain & Gluten Free, Vegan option
- Paleo Waffles - Gluten, Grain & Dairy Free
- Paleo Fluffy Waffles with Whipped Coconut Cream - Gluten, Grain & Dairy Free.
- "Un-Fried Cauli Rice" - Paleo, GAPS, Gluten & Grain Free, Vego option
- Paleo ANZAC biscuits (Gluten & Grain Free)
- GAPS & Paleo Zucchini Pancakes - Hidden Veggies
- Delicious Paleo Butter Chicken Curry - Mild (GAPS, gluten & dairy free option)
- 2 ingredient Pumpkin Custard (Dairy, Grain & Gluten Free, GAPS & Paleo)
- Super Silky Paleo Cauliflower & Parsnip Mash