- 1 brown onion, Peeled and halved
- 1 carrot, Peeled, ends removed and halved
- 1 leek, Washed, ends trimmed and chopped roughly
- 1 stick Celery, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 500 grams Lamb, Chopped roughly
- 2 tablespoons Flour - Plain
- 2 tablespoons Chicken Stock Paste mixed with 2 cups of boiling water
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 heaped tablespoons Butter
- 750 grams potatoes, Diced
- 500 g water
- 1 teaspoon vegetable stock
- 150 g Light Milk
1h 27minPreparation 1h 7minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Chop onion, carrot, garlic, celery and leek on speed 5 for 5 seconds.
- Add olive oil and cook for 5 minutes Varoma speed 1.
- Add lamb and cook for 5 minutes 100°C speed 1.
- Add the flour and cook for 2 minutes 100°C speed 1.
- Add stock, bay leaf, Worcestershire sauce, rosemary and tomato paste and cook for 30 minutes 100°C speed 1.
During cooking, preheat oven to 200°C fan forced. large/8 cup pie dish/baking tray - ceramic is best I find. Pour pie contents into dish and place in oven or leave on the bench if you have the luxury of space.
- Add potatoes to steaming basket and add the water to the bowl.
- Then cook 25min on Veroma. (Potatoes must be soft).
- Once cooked, remove basket and discard water.
- Attach butterfly and add potatoes back into bowl.
- Add salt, stock, milk and butter then cook for 10seconds speed 4.
- Top pie contents with mashed potato using a fork to create a texture that will crisp nicely. Brush with butter and bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until mashed potato is golden brown. Serve immediately.
Thanks to Thermomike and MooMin for their original reciepes which this is based off.
- I try to modify and create receipes that are a little heatier for me and my family and hop you enjoy them too.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Cheats kousa
- Chicken and Leek Risotto
- Mum's chicken stuffing
- Meatballs with Sauce & Veggie Noodles
- Slow Cooked Curried Mince
- Beef Rendang (Indonesian Beef, Chilli And Coconut Dry Curry)
- The best beef burger patties-Gluten free
- Sous vide fillet of beef with mushroom custard (TM6 only) - Chef Mark Southon
- CHICKEN AND PRAWN LAKSA
- Variation To "My Savoury Mince"
- Slow Cooker Chilli Con Carne (using whole beef)
- Lebanese Kafta
- Chwee Kueh (Steamed Rice Cake)
- Homemade Ricotta Herb Dip
- Raw Jaffa Slice
- Healthy Peanut Butter and Chocolate Blondies
- Bavarian Spice Rub - Best Chicken Rub Ever!
- Delicious scones made in the Airfryer
- Halawet El Rez
- Mac 'n' Cheese (with hidden veg)
- Maple Pancakes
- Spaghetti Bolognese Hidden vegetables
- Cheats kousa
- Char Kuey Teow