- 2 piece large chicken breast, cut in half long ways (not butterflied)
- 1 piece small lemon
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 250 g butternut pumpkin, peeled diced into 2cm pieces
- 1 piece medium brown onion, peeled &amp;amp; quartered
- 2 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 750 g water
- 3 tablespoon Vegetable stock paste
- 200 g pearl barley
- 1/8 --- cup Rice wine vinegar
- 1 package 60g mixed spinach & rocket leaves
- Grated Parmesan, to serve
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil Spray
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees
2. Place chicken breast in a small shallow baking dish, sprinkle paprika over the top, zest lemon over the top then squeeze half the lemon juice over the chicken
3. place in oven for approximately 30 minutes (cooking time may vary depending on size of the chicken)
4. place pumpkin on baking tray, spray with a little olive oil and bake for 30 mins till tender.
Thermo steps/ Risotto
1. place onion and garlic in the TM bowl, chop 3 sec/speed 7
2. scrape down the sides, add oilve oil, cook 3mins/speed 1/100 degrees
3.add pearl barley cook 1min/speed 1/100 degrees
4 add rice wine vinegar cook 1 min/speed a/100 degrees
5. add water and stock paste cook 30 mins/reverse speed 1/varoma/ MC off. Cook till most of the water is soaked up from the pearl barley. (check on the risotto at around 25 minutes to make sure all the liquid hasnt evaporated)
Remove Chicken from the oven and slice. In a thermo server add chicken, pumkin, risotto and mix well. Once mixed, gently stir through spinach & rocket.
Serve topped with grated parmesan.
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Pork Fritters
- Mexican Chicken Parmigiana
- Sweet Lamb Curry - Retro
- Left over roast pork Cannelloni
- Murgh makhani (Butter chicken)
- Variation Thermonat's chicken pie
- Variation Braised Pork Ribs Using Thermomix
- Snitzel crumb
- Shepherd’s Pie
- Number pork ribs
- Old Fashioned Apricot Chicken
- British Take-Away Chicken Korma