- 3 onions, Quartered, Chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, Chopped
- 40 grams olive oil
- 20 grams ginger, Minced
- 20 grams curry powder, Medium
- 1000 grams Beef Chuck Steak
- plain flour
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 125 grams soy sauce
- 250 grams beef stock
- 140 grams tomato paste
- Mango Chutney
- Cucumber Slices, Garnish
- rice, Optional
Cut fat from meat and discard.
Cut meat into 2cm-wide pieces, 6-8cm long.
Mix flour and pepper together in a zip lock plastic bag.
Add the meat and toss the meat strips until well coated.
Place meat in the slow cooker.
Place peeled, quartered onions into TM bowl.
Add peeled garlic.
Add oil and sauté onion and garlic for 5 minutes, Varoma, Speed 1.
Add ginger and curry powder and cook for 1 minute, Varoma, Speed 1 or until spices smell fragrant.
Add soy sauce, stock and tomato paste.
Mix 10 Seconds, Speed 1.
Pour into the slow cooker over meat.
Mix to combine.
Cover and cook on LOW for 8-10 hours, stirring halfway through cooking if possible.
Serve topped with mango chutney and cucumber slices, over boiled rice.
Slow-Cooked Beef Curry
Oven temperatures are for conventional; if using fan-forced (convection), reduce the temperature by 20˚C.
We use Australian tablespoons and cups: 1 teaspoon equals 5 ml; 1 tablespoon equals 20 ml; 1 cup equals 250 ml.
All herbs are fresh (unless specified) and cups are lightly packed.
All vegetables are medium size and peeled, unless specified.
All eggs are 55-60 g, unless specified.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Variation Balti Beef Curry
- Beef and Vegetable Puree 6 months+
- Our favourite Curried Sausages
- POT STICKERS (PAN FRIED DUMPLINGS)
- Satay Chicken
- Simple version of Lala's Creamy Lemon Butter Chicken
- Satay Recipe
- Beef Rotolo
- Asian Style Chicken Burgers
- Chicken, Mushroom & Sweet Potato Bake
- Massaman Curry Paste
- Peanut crusted chicken
- SIMPLE PASSION FRUIT ICE CREAM
- Grantham Ginger Crunchies
- Butterscotch Cream Ice-Cream
- FRESH CHERRY ICE CREAM
- Crayfish and Prawn Dip
- Piri Piri Seasoning
- GARLIC PRAWN & CRAB DIP
- Vegetarian Chicken Flavoured Stock Powder
- Osram’s Christmas Nuts & Bolts
- Chillied Corn Fritters
- CANDIED MANDARIN PEEL
- Teriyaki Salmon
- Variation Balti Beef Curry
- SUTLIJASH (RICE PUDDING)
- Almond Sushi “Rice”
- Sicilian Olive Tapenade
- Variation Broccoli Soup
- Yorkshire Parkin (Gingerbread slice)
- Crayfish Cob Loaf
- Turmeric Latte Porridge
- Variation Spinach & Ricotta Rolls
- Spinach & Ricotta Rolls
- Fruit ~N~ Nut Granola Bars
- Thai Brinjal and Tomato Soup