- 300 g rolled beef eye fillet (1 piece), 1.5 inch thickness
- 20 g beef fat
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1850 g water
- 30 g lemon juice
- olive oil, for searing
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- thin potato chips, for garnishing (optional)
- 400 g Milk
- 20 g dried ceps/porcini mushrooms
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 3 eggs
- 10 g soy sauce
- 10 g White Soy Sauce
- 500 g water
- 25 g unsalted butter
- 250 g Jerusalem artichokes, peeled, washed and thinly sliced
- 2 sprigs thyme, leaves only
- water, enough to cover artichokes, (about 150 g)
- 50 g pouring (whipping) cream
- salt, to season
- Place the beef, beef fat and 2 of the thyme sprigs into a sealable vacuum bag and seal closed, according to the instructions on your vacuum sealer.
- Place water and lemon juice into mixing bowl and start Sous Vide/15 min/62°C.
- Place bag with beef into simmering basket. Insert simmering basket, ensuring bag is completely covered with water (water should be able to circulate around the bag) and start Sous Vide/15 min/62°C.
- Remove simmering basket with aid of spatula, then place bag with beef into a ThermoServer. Cover and set aside to rest for 5 minutes.
- Place a frying pan over high heat and add some oil. Remove beef from sealable bag, place into frying pan and sear on all sides for approx. 20 seconds, until browned on all sides.
- Add butter, garlic and remaining thyme sprig and continue to toss the beef through the butter for 1 minute, moving regularly. Remove from the pan, slice, garnish with thin potato chips (optional) and serve with Mushroom custard.
- Place milk, mushrooms and thyme into mixing bowl and cook 25 min/80°C/speed 1.5. Strain mixture into a jug, then set aside to cool.
- Place a small bowl onto mixing bowl lid and weigh soy sauces into it. Add the eggs and whisk together. Then add to the infused milk and stir to combine.
- Pour mixture into a small, shallow dish (approx. 12 cm diameter) and carefully transfer into Varoma dish. Place water into mixing bowl, place Varoma with dish into position, secure Varoma lid and cook 12 min/Varoma/speed 2 or until set (custard should have the consistency and "wobble" of panna cotta). Cooking time may vary depending on thickness and shape of dish.
- Serve as desired.
- Place butter into mixing bowl and heat 2 min/90°C/speed 1, until bubbling.
- Add artichokes and thyme and cook 10-15 min/90°C/speed 1, until softened.
- Add just enough water (about 150 g) to cover artichokes and cook 15-20 min/100°C/speed 1, without measuring cup, until very soft and water has evaporated.
- Add cream and season with salt, then blend 30 sec/speed 4-8, increasing speed gradually from speed 4 to speed 8.
- Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula, then blend for a further 30 sec/speed 4-8, increasing speed gradually from speed 4 to speed 8 until smooth. Serve as desired.
Sous vide fillet of beef
Jerusalem artichoke purée
Ceps (also know as porcini mushrooms) can be found at gourmet food stores and some major supermarkets.
You can find white soy sauce at most Asian food stores.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Mandy’s Chicken and Mushroom Filling
- The. Fast 800 Chicken Pieces with Parmesan Crumb converted by Thermo-lish
- Tracy’s Beef Rendang
- Lamb & Feta Rissoles
- Tasty Shepherds Pie
- The Fast 800 Smoked Salmon Omelette conversion by Thermo-lish
- Meatloaf with Honey Mustard Glaze
- Cheats kousa
- Chicken and Leek Risotto
- Mum's chicken stuffing
- Meatballs with Sauce & Veggie Noodles
- Slow Cooked Curried Mince
- Satay noodle salad
- Taco seasoning
- Chocolate fondant cake
- Cheat's sourdough
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Mashed potatoes
- Chiang mai noodles
- Spiced chocolate doughnuts - Louise Keats
- Steamed Sea bass in galangal, lemongrass & turmeric, wrapped in banana leaf & served with green mango salad - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Black sticky rice with taro & blue matcha ice cream - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Cauliflower tacos with chipotle sauce
- Soba noodle mee goreng
- Mandy’s Chicken and Mushroom Filling
- mint sauce tm5
- Authentic Lebanese Brown Lentil Soup
- Aunty Jessie’s Jam Sponge Cake
- Green wellness juice
- Banana Bread
- No bake Malteser cheesecake with caramilk swirl
- Baked Espresso Martini Cheesecake with Kahlua Syrup
- Layelle’s too easy chocolate tart
- Brown sugar and toffee cookies
- Teriyaki salmon with rice
- Caramilk Delight