- 250 g Beef mince
- 250 g lamb mince
- 125 g Milk for soaking bread
- 1 slice Bread (thick) or 2 normal slices
- 2 brown onions
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp Ground Coriander
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp tumeric
- 3 bay leaves
- 30 g vinegar
- 10 g lemon juice
- 30 g Mrs Balls Chutney
- 1 Chili (optional)
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 8-10 Crushed Almonds
- 50 g sultanas (optional)
- 3 eggs
- 1 garlic clove
- 30 g olive oil
- 250 g Milk for topping
- Salt for taste
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place the bread inside the milk & allow to soften
Add the garlic, onion (& chill if using) to the TM bowl & chop for 3 secs / speed 5
Add the oil, curry power, cumin, coriander, turmeric, & cinnamon & sauté for 3 mins / 100 degrees / speed 2
Add the mince meatCook for 10 mins / 100 degrees / / speed 1
Using your hands, squeeze the milk from the bread & add the bread, chutney, sugar, vinegar & lemon juice to the meat.
Cook for a further 3 mins / 100 degrees // speed 1
Empty the mince mixture into a greased dish. If you are using almonds, push them into the mince.
Without washing out the bowl, beat the eggs & 250g milk (10 secs / speed 5), and pour over the meat.
Put three bay leaves for decoration on top of the meat.
Place the dish uncovered in the oven and cook for about 30 minutes at 180 deg or until the egg has set & is a golden brown.
Serve with a plain green salad or chopped tomato and onion
Mrs Balls Chutney is not optional - have it near at hand. Serve piping hot with the yellow rice.
Method for Meat & Topping
Can be made using the TM31 or the TM 5
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Asian Style Chicken Burgers
- Chicken, Mushroom & Sweet Potato Bake
- Massaman Curry Paste
- Peanut crusted chicken
- Leftover Chicken Burgers - Using Leftover Cooked Chicken
- Chicken Fricassee (great with Smoked Chicken)
- Variation Chicken Broccoli Bake
- Mustard and chive chicken
- Clean Thai Beef Salad with Brown Rice
- Sous Vide Rib
- Padang Style Chicken Curry Recipe
- Curried Sausages
- Asian Style Chicken Burgers
- Fakes- Greek Lentil Soup
- Vegan Cinnamon Scrolls
- Cream Cheese
- Tomato Sauce kids wont know the difference
- Tostadas - Jo Whitton
- Vegan Carrot Cake
- Thai Green Curry Recipe With Spring Vegetables:
- Pumpkin, spinach and ricotta lasagna
- Cauliflower Broccoli and Carrot Coleslaw (no cabbage!)
- Petite Vegan Vanilla Cake
- Rich Vegan caramelised onion pasta