- 400 grams Mixed Quinoa, Plain coloured quinoa is ok too
- 120 grams Cashews
- 500 grams chicken thigh, Sliced into 2cm pieces
- 120 grams snowpeas, Ends trimmed
- 250 grams bean sprouts
- 3 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon mixed peppercorns, plain dried peppercorns are ok too
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2cm piece ginger, chopped into 'coins'
- 4 cloves Peeled garlic
- 130 grams tamari, Soy is ok too
- 2 Chillis
- 20 grams sesame oil
- 25 grams rice wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons tahini
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon Rapadura, Raw or other sugar is ok too
Place Cashews in dry TM bowl and turbo 3 or 4 times until coarsley chopped. Remove from bowl and set aside.
Place peppercorns to TM bowl and Mill 10 seconds / speed 9.
Add salt, ginger, garlic & chilli and chop 5 seconds / speed 5.
Add sesame oil, tamari, rice wine vinegar, tahini and lemon juice and mix for 6 seconds speed 6. Remove from bowl and set aside.
Place 700 ml water into dirty TM bowl. Insert steaming basket into TM bowl and weigh in quinoa. Place TM lid onto thermomix and add chicken to the Varoma dish and steam for 20 minutes / Varoma / Speed 3.
Add snow peas & Bean sprouts and cook for a further 5 minutes / Varoma / Speed 3.
Remove quinoa from TM bowl and place in Thermoserver and set aside. Remove been sprouts and snow peas and set on top of quinoa (here is where the new 2.6 litre Thermoserver comes in handy) If you dont have one a large bowl will be fine.
Clean and dry TM bowl and place chicken and half of the dressing into the TM bowl. Shred Chicken 5 Seconds / / speed 5.
Serve quinoa onto plates and top with been sprouts, snow peas, shredded chicken and extra sauce.
Extra chillis are required if you like some bite.
Swap cashews for peanuts if you can eat peanuts.
Top with coriander.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Variation Apricot Chicken
- Sweet & Sour Pork Belly
- Mum T's meatloaf
- Spicy beef
- Meatloaf with Barbecue Sauce
- Roast chicken low carb
- Chicken sausage & macaroni casserole
- Thai chicken cakes with satay sauce and pickled cucumber drizzle
- Satay Chicken
- Portuguese Pea stew - Ervilhas com ovos escalfados
- Variation Chicken, Bacon, Pumpkin & Spinach Risotto
- Quick Quiche Boats
- Paleo Raw Chocolate and Beetroot Mudcake
- Poached pears with muesli, yoghurt, honey and strawberries
- Ginger, Spinach and Almond Green Smoothie
- Cucumber and Mint Green Smoothie
- No cook coconut vanilla yoghurt
- Acai, Banana, Coconut Green Smoothie
- Grain free breakfast burrito wrap
- Pinacolada Sorbet
- Chilli, Garlic and Lime Aioli
- Lemon Coconut breakfast bars (Gluten,dairy, refined sugar and egg free)
- Banana hemp Crunchy Museli
- Cacao, chia, cherry and pistachio breakfast smoothie
- Green Chicken Curry with Jasmine Rice
- Hot Cross Buns with plain flour
- Lemon & Blueberry Muffins (Paleo)
- Easy Pancakes
- Vegan “cheese” puffs
- Claypot Rice
- CREAM FILLED ECLAIRS WITH CHOCOLATE GANACHE
- Hemp rolls Vegan/Paleo/Gaps
- White Chocolate & Cream Cheese Buttercream Icing
- Spiced chocolate doughnuts - Louise Keats
- Variation Apricot Chicken
- Blueberry and Lemon Hot Cross Buns