- 450 grams braising steak, cubed 3cms
- 150 grams kidney lamb, or beef, cubed 3cms
- 150 grams Mushrooms sliced
- 1 onion, brown, quartered
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 50 grams Olive Oil or Butter
- 2 level tablespoons Thermomix Vegetable Stock Concentrate
- 150 grams water
- 100 grams red wine
- 1 heaped tablespoon Flour, Plain
- fillet freshly ground black pepper & sea salt, to taste
- .5 bunch Parsely
- 450 grams Self Raising Flour, sifted
- 1 pinch salt
- 50 grams unsalted butter
- 375 grams Light Milk
1h 0minPreparation 15minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
1. Place garlic, , and onions in TM bowl and chop for 5 seconds on speed 6
2. Add oil and cook for 2 mins at 100C on speed 1.
3.Add meats,mushrooms, flour and seasoning. Mix for 1 min on reverse + speed soft at 100C
4. Place remaining ingredients, into TM bowl and cook for 30mins at 100C on Reverse + speed soft.
5.Pour into large casserole dish and leave to cool slight while making topping.
1.Pre-heat fan-oven to 200C
2.Place flour, salt, and butter into TM bowl and mix for approx. 5secs on speed 8 until mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
3. Add milk through lid opening and mix on speed 5 until the mixture comes together approx 5 secs.
4. Set dial to closed lid position and mix for 20 secs on interval speed to form a soft dough.
5.Put onto lightly floured board and roll out to 2cms thick. Cut out rounds with a floured biscuit cutter.
6. Place scone rounds, overlapping slightly onto the surface of the steak and kidney mixture in the casserole dish. Bake for 15mins or until the scones are golden brown and well risen.
Serve hot with steamed vegetables and mashed potatoes.
Steak and Kidney Filling
The gravy mix is partially absorbed by the scones so don't be concerned if the filling seems a little thin.
The scone mix is very sticky but resist the temptation to add extra flour so the resulting scones are beautifully light and tasty.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Tuna Dip
- Choc Caramel Slice- made with Caramel Condensed Milk.
- Zucchini and Potato Soup
- Chicken, pumpkin, basil pesto risotto
- Sweet corn fritters
- Cheesy green capsicum chicken
- Aussie potato scallops or Potato Cakes
- Scallion chicken
- cron milk
- Stirfry greeg beans with potato
- ThermoKitchen Seasoned Sushi Rice
- Sam's Simple Satay