- 1 brown onion, peeled and halved
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 stalks wakame gomasio or sesame seeds
- 5 gram Dried Porcini Mushrooms
- 1.3 litres water
- 1 tablespoon Grapeseed Oil
- 2 carrots, Sliced lengthways into quarters
- 1 Whole chicken
- 2 tablespoon Shiro Miso paste
- 2 tablespoon tamari
- 1 tablespoon mirin or chinese wine
- 1 lemon, cut in half
- 1 sheet Seaweed / Nori, broken into pieces for garnish
- 1 Corn cob, kernels only removed form the corn
- 1 spring onion or shallot, sliced fine for garnish
- 1 Soba or Kelp noodles, packet
- red cabbage, shredded for garnish
- zucchini, sliced fine for garnish
Place onion, garlic, wakame and mushrooms into TM bowl and chop 5 seconds / speed 5.
Add oil and saute 3min / Varoma / speed 1.
Add water and wait for Chicken preparation.
Lay the carrot on the base of your Varoma, removing the middle tray.
Combine your marinade ingredients of Shiro miso, Tamari, Mirin and the juice of half of the lemon in a bowl and then generously coat the whole chicken including the underside.
With the used lemon stuff into the cavity of the chicken along with the other half. Place chicken on top of the carrot pieces and your Varoma lid on top.
Set your Varoma ontop of the TM and cook for 35min / Varoma / Speed 1.
Check at 35min your water level and top up if required - I did about another 200gm. Cook for a further 45min / Varoma / Speed 1.
Once finished, check that your chicken juices are running clear, otherwise cook for a further 10min.
Let the chicken rest for about 10min, I just let it sit in the Varoma while I got my garnishes and corn ready.
You can either use the chicken like this or if you prefer a crispy skin, put into a 200deg oven for about 15min.
While the chicken is in the oven, add you noodles, corn, cabbage and zucchini to the broth and cook for 2min / / 100deg / speed1.
Pour the broth into your Thermoserver, shred about 1/2 chicken into your broth, add seaweed and spring onion garnish and Yum!!
Steamed Whole Miso Chicken
Shiro Miso is white miso paste and available from Health Food or Asian groceries. It is wonderful to use if you ever run out of Vegie Stock Concentrate and has a lovely earthy flavour.
The carrots are used to prevent the Chicken from blocking all of the vents during cooking, I chop them up and throw them through the soup, but you can discard if you wish.
Any noodles or even rice can be used with the broth and any leftover chicken can be used the next day.
This is for 4 people, but could easily feed 6 if you use all of the chicken and an extra packet of noodles.
Try adding whatever vegetables you have to the broth.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Zanzibar Coconut Chicken Curry
- Hainanese Chicken Rice
- Babi Guling - Balinese Roast Pork
- Beef Larb (Spicy Beef Salad)
- Babi Rica - Indonesian Spicy Pork Curry
- Whole Steamed Chicken with Stock
- Leberkäse (Bavarian meat loaf)
- BBQ Chicken & Sweet Potato Meatloaf with Cheesy Centre
- Thai Chicken Burgers
- Traditional Chicken Cacciatore
- Ebony’s Butter Chicken
- Turkey and Ricotta Cannelloni with vegetable sauce
- thermogeek tomato chilli chutney
- thermogeek Pina Colada Sorbet
- This is it thermogeek bolognese sauce
- Thermogeek Spiced Baked Pear Sorbet
- Thermogeek Sauerkraut
- Thermogeek Supergreens Pesto
- Thermogeek Avo Whip
- Thermogeek Green Mango, Beetroot and Cabbage Salad
- Thermogeek Cacao Dream with Raspberries
- Thermogeek Cardamon Mandarin and Mango Fruity Dream
- Ultimate Green Smoothie!!!!!!
- Gluten Free Bolognese and Zucchini Pizza