- 1 cinnamon stick
- 10 grams cumin seeds
- 10 grams fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 10 cardamon pods
- 2 cloves of garlic peeled
- 2 cm ginger peeled
- 1 brown onion, quartered
- 80 grams Butter, roughly chopped, plus 20g extra to serve
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil, (or olive oil if preferred)
- 1 can Tomatoes 400g
- 100 grams cashew nuts
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 100 grams chicken stock
- 1000 grams chicken thigh fillets skinless, cut into 4cm cubes
- 400 grams coconut cream
- 1 teaspoon garam masala, plus extra to serve
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 long red chilli, deseeded, roughly chopped
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1 tablespoon Shredded coconut
1h 0minPreparation 15minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
Place cinnamon, cumin, fennel, paprika, cardamon into mixng bowl, dry roast 3min / varoma /speed 1 / MC out. Allow to cool (approx 5 minutes). Mill 1min/speed 9/MC in. Repeat if necessary. Set aside spice mixture.
Place garlic, ginger, onion & red chilli into mixing bowl and chop 3sec / speed 7 /MC in. Scrape down sides of bowl.
Add butter and oil and saute 3min / Varoma / speed 1/ MC out.
Place tomatoes, cashews and stock into mixing bowl and puree 1min / speed 8 / MC in.
Insert butterfly. Add chicken evenly, coconut cream, garam masala, turmeric, salt and all but 1 tbsp of spice mixture (reserve 1tbsp to serve) and cook 17min / 100C/ / speed 1-2. (place basket on top of bowl to keep your kitchen beautiful)
Add remaining spice mixture, extra butter and extra garam masala to taste, combine 1min // speed 1-2.
BANANA COCONUT SIDE DISH:
Mix the banana and coconut together in a small bowl.
Serve butter chicken with fresh coriander and basmati rice, chilled cucumber, banana with coconut and some mango chutney, if desired.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Marinated flank steak
- Hanne's porcupines
- Barbecued pork ribs
- Shogayaki Donburi (Gingered Pork on rice)
- Shonna's Rissoles/Patties
- Mandy’s Chicken and Mushroom Filling
- The. Fast 800 Chicken Pieces with Parmesan Crumb converted by Thermo-lish
- Tracy’s Beef Rendang
- Lamb & Feta Rissoles
- Tasty Shepherds Pie
- The Fast 800 Smoked Salmon Omelette conversion by Thermo-lish
- Meatloaf with Honey Mustard Glaze
- Gluten Free Yo Yo's
- Lemon sprinkle cookies
- Pumpkin & Cranberry Cookies (Sugar free)
- Spinach and ricotta pie
- Heidi's German Butterkuchen (Buttercake)
- Streusal Berry Muffins
- Cranberry & Prosciutto Stuffing Cups
- Caramel butterscotch scrolls
- Layelles too easy Caramilk Tart
- Kiwi Biscuits
- Baby banana oatmeal
- Jakel's Moreish Caramel Mud Cake