- 2 cloves of large Garlic
- 1 --- Large Brown Onion, halved
- 1 --- Meium Red Onion, halved
- 2-3 sprigs of Rosemary (fresh)
- 40 grams Butter
- 40 grams olive oil
- 150 grams Dry Red Wine
- 40 grams of cornflour, disolved in a small amount of water
- 800 grams water
- 2 tablespoons TM veggie stock paste concentrate
- 800-1400 grams of butterflied Leg of Lamb, Best to get your local butcher to do it if you don&amp;#039;t know how
- minimum of 500g of veggies of your choice, I just used some small washed potatoes which i chopped in half
- some rosemary and garlic to place on the lamb in the Varoma.
1h 10minPreparation 30minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
First heat a pan with some additional olive oil and brown off the lamb on both sides, then set aside.
Next add the garlic and rosemary and chop for 3 secs speed 7.
Next scrape down the sides and add both the brown and red onion and and chop for 3 secs speed 5.
Next add the 40g of butter and 40g of olive oil and cook for 2 mins 100c speed 1 with the MC in.
Next add the water, red wine, and veggie stock.
Next put the chopped potatoes/sweet potatoes (chopped in half) into the Varoma and then place the lamb on top.
Next set the timer for 30-40 mins Varoma temp, speed 2 (time will depend on the size of you piece of lamb)
Next check your meat and Veggies, if they are both cooked place in your Thermoserver to keep hot (we like our lamb a little pink and it will also keep cooking while its resting in the Thermoserver)
Next add some other veggies into the Varoma and cook for 5-10 mins Varoma temp, speed 2.
Next add your cornflour (that has been disolved in water) to the reduced stock water in the bowl and cook for 7 mins 100c speed 3.
Next pour the gravy over your meat and veggies and then you're done, enjoy.
Preperation for the cooking of the lamb is the liquid stock for cooking the meat and the reduced liquid will be used for the Gravy
30 mins for 800g of meat and 40 mins for 1.4kg of meat.
Also after the potatoes were finished cooking in the Varoma, I popped them into a hot pan and lightly roasted them, approx 5mins in the same pan from browning off the lamb.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Passion Mango "Boost Juice style smoothie"
- Low Carb Cheese and bacon Cauliflower muffins
- 'Cafe Style' Carrot Cake
- "Boozy" Dalgona Coffee Whip
- No Bake Cookie Dough Slice
- Choc Caramel Slice- made with Caramel Condensed Milk.
- Cauliflower and Turmeric flatbread
- Choc Beetroot Mud Cake
- Hundreds and Thousands Biscuits
- Green Apple and Kiwi Fruit Soft serve Ice Cream (Fruity Dream)
- Anzac Cheesecake Slice
- Home Made Philly Cream Cheese
- Chicken Satay with peanut sauce
- Honey mustard chicken
- Deep Pan Pizza Dough
- Cantonese style Sweet Corn and Crab Meat Soup
- Pumpkin Pie
- Blood Orange Marmalade
- Rosa's Vol au Vents
- Banoffee Porridge
- Blue Cheese & Sesame Biscuits
- Sweet and sour pork with steamed rice
- Chicken & Creamed Corn Soup
- Raspberry and Chocolate Cheesecake Brownie