- 300 g - 400 g chicken breast or thigh, cut into small cubes
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- 4 cm fresh ginger
- 2 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- dash sesame oil
- 450 g coconut cream lite, approx. 1 can
- 400 g brown rice, you can use less
- sliced vegetables, see tip section for my suggestions
- sesame seeds
- cashew nuts, raw
- 1 fresh chilli, about a 1 inch size piece (more if you like it hot)
- fresh coriander
- handful of flat leaf parsley, fresh
- 1 tsp Rapadura or Raw Sugar, optional
- 1 tbsp chicken stock paste, can use vegetable stock instead
- 2 tbsp cornflour
Two hours before want to start cooking cut chicken thigh meat into small cubes.
Two hours before want to start cooking place garlic and ginger into mixing bowl and chop 5 sec/speed 7.
Scrape out of mixing bowl (using spatula) and set aside to mix with pre-cut chicken in a large bowl. Add sesame oil and tamari or soy sauce to bowl in which will marinade chicken, mix, cover with cling wrap and set aside.
Do not wash the mixing bowl.
Weigh lite coconut cream in the mixing bowl and add water up to 1200g.
Place lid on mixing bowl and set simmering basket on top of lid.
Reset scales to zero and weigh rice in basket.
Remove basket and lid from top of mixng bowl and rinse rice in the basket under tap.
Place basket into mixing bowl and lock lid into place
Steam 45 min/Varoma temp/speed 4.
Whilst rice is cooking, spread chicken out evenly within the Varoma tray to enable holes for the steam to come through.
Place Varoma onto Thermomix only when is approx 20 mins left to go.
While the chicken is steaming, prepare vegetables and place into Varoma as it heats up.
Start chopping the firmer vegetables first (carrots, cauliflour, green beans, baby corn) and add them to the Varoma as soon as they are chopped to correct size (when about 10 mins left to go). Leave softer vegetables (like zucchini, shallots, snow peas etc) until the end as they have a shorter cooking time (about 5 mins left to go).
Make sure there are still holes visible for the steam to get through.
Over the top of the vegetables, sprinkle sesame seeds, cashew nuts and more sesame oil & tamari / soy sauce.
Once cooking time has finished remove the rice (place in ThermServer to keep warm).
Stir the chicken and veges, breaking the chicken apart and again, making sure there are still holes unblocked for the steam to get through.
Cook for further 5 - 10min/Varoma temp/speed 2 checking the chicken is cooked through.
Once cooked, remove Varoma tray while you finish the sauce.
(Tip: you can take off the ThermoServer lid with the rice init and sit the Varoma tray on top so they both stay warm)
To the mixing bowl (with coconut cream etc still in there) add cornflour, chilli, coriander / parsley, 2 garlic cloves, 2cm piece of ginger, couple more tbsp of soy / tamari sauce, rapadura sugar and chicken stock paste.
Blend 1 min/speed 9.
No need to measure just use your instincts, blend, taste and then adjust if necessary!
Serve immediately - rice, chicken and vegetables with cashews on top, and sauce drizzled over liberally.
I have removed cashews from the recipe, replacing with cornflower, and changed the coconut cream to Lite Coconut Cream to reduce the number of Weight Watcher ProPoints this recipe is to 9 per serve.The first 2 steps, marinating the chicken, can be done ahead of time for more flavour - but if you're doing it all at the last minute it still tastes good!
My suggestion for the vegetables to use are:- thin wedges of onion- 2 celery sticks, leaves removed & thinly sliced- 2 carrots, thinly sliced- broccoli, cut into small pieces- green beans- chinese cabbage, thinly sliced
- bok choy, thinly sliced- red / green capsicum, thinly sliced- snow peas- shallots, thinly sliced
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- The. Fast 800 Chicken Pieces with Parmesan Crumb converted by Thermo-lish
- Tracy’s Beef Rendang
- Lamb & Feta Rissoles
- Tasty Shepherds Pie
- The Fast 800 Smoked Salmon Omelette conversion by Thermo-lish
- Meatloaf with Honey Mustard Glaze
- Cheats kousa
- Chicken and Leek Risotto
- Mum's chicken stuffing
- Meatballs with Sauce & Veggie Noodles
- Slow Cooked Curried Mince
- Beef Rendang (Indonesian Beef, Chilli And Coconut Dry Curry)
- Turkish simit
- Lemon Slice
- **Sugar free, egg free, dairy free** Apple , banana and carrot baby/toddler muffins
- The Fast 800 Broccoli and Blue Cheese Soup converted by Thermo-lish
- Satay noodle salad
- Mushroom bolognese
- Oatmeal Soy Milk
- Soy bean Curd Jelly(Pudding)
- Chinese Cabbage and Pork Bun
- Caramilk Phily Cheesecake
- Rice and lentils (majadra)
- Cheesecake - Basic mix