- 1 onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 --- Streaky Bacon
- 20 grams olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Worchestershire sauce
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tsp vegetable stock powder
- 800 grams tomatoes canned
- 500 grams cannellini beans, dried
- 4 teaspoons salt
Heat oven to 120C
Add 500g dried beans to cast iron pot
Pour over enough water to cover the dried beans by about 3.5cm.
Add 3-4 tsp salt
Put on a hob burner until all the water is fully boiling.
Turn off the hob, put on the lid and bake for 1h 15m.
Pour off any excess liquid.
Chop onion and garlic (and bacon if using) speed 6 for 3 seconds. MC off.
Scrape down, add oil and cook on Varoma for 4 minutes, speed 1
Add the remaining ingredients except for the beans and cook for 100C, 6 minutes, speed 2.
Add the beans. Cook at 100C, 10 minutes, , speed 1.
Cooking the beans (Cast iron pot)
Cooking the Tomato Sauce (Thermomix)
Canned beans can be subsituted for dried beans.
Once cooked, the dried beans will approximately double in quantity.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Caribbean Vegan Potato and Chickpea Curry
- Pad see ew
- Cauliflower Fried rice - egg free, Vegan, Simple
- Apple & Onion Parcels
- Superfood Magic Pasta sauce
- vegan scrambled eggs
- Vegetables in saffron, chilli & coconut broth
- Pasta with Mushrooms
- Eggplant Parmigana
- Sweet Potato, Chickpea & Eggplant Hotpot
- Overnight Oats with stewed Apple and Rhubarb
- Easy Pav Bhaji (Mix veg mash)
- Sticky Pork Belly
- Chicken Enchilada Soup
- Gluten Free Chunky steak, mushroom and mince pie
- Pizza pasta salad
- Chicken and sweet corn soup
- Creamy spinach and mushroom pasta
- Mediterranean Carrot Fritters
- Kumara & Feta Bliss Balls
- Maltese Baked Rice
- Pork apple & fennel meatloaf
- Tomato, lentil and fish dahl
- Broccoli, Cauli and Zucchini Soup