- 1 onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 --- Streaky Bacon
- 20 grams olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Worchestershire sauce
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tsp vegetable stock powder
- 800 grams tomatoes canned
- 500 grams cannellini beans, dried
- 4 teaspoons salt
Heat oven to 120C
Add 500g dried beans to cast iron pot
Pour over enough water to cover the dried beans by about 3.5cm.
Add 3-4 tsp salt
Put on a hob burner until all the water is fully boiling.
Turn off the hob, put on the lid and bake for 1h 15m.
Pour off any excess liquid.
Chop onion and garlic (and bacon if using) speed 6 for 3 seconds. MC off.
Scrape down, add oil and cook on Varoma for 4 minutes, speed 1
Add the remaining ingredients except for the beans and cook for 100C, 6 minutes, speed 2.
Add the beans. Cook at 100C, 10 minutes, , speed 1.
Cooking the beans (Cast iron pot)
Cooking the Tomato Sauce (Thermomix)
Canned beans can be subsituted for dried beans.
Once cooked, the dried beans will approximately double in quantity.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Vegemite and Cheese Stackers
- Best Ever BBQ Sauce - Weebindi Version
- White Jumbo Soft and Fluffy Bread
- Red Wine Brownies with Walnuts and Drunken Cranberries
- Chicken and Sweetcorn Puree - Annabel Karmel Recipe
- The English Carrot
- Variation Ginger and Soy Glazed Salmon with Bok Choy and Coconut Rice
- Thermo Papa's veg loaded pizza sauce
- Sun-dried Tomato and Basil Pizza Dough
- Taco rissoles
- JCN Protein Balls (sugar free)