- 300 grams Dried Pinto beans, you can buy from most health food shops
- 200 grams brown onions
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 30 grams olive oil, I use Extra Virgin
- 3 tablespoon tomato paste concentrate, I use the tomato paste concentrate recipe for thermomix
- 2 leaves Bay Laves
2h 0minPreparation 2h 0minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
Soak the beans overnight in 600 grams of water.
When done, wash soaked beans and drain well.
Add Onion and Garlic to thermomix and chop for 5seconds/Speed4
Scrape the sides, add Oil and saute 5minutes/100degres/speed1
Add the beans, 1300 grams of water, tomato paste and bay leaves to the bowl and cook 60minutes/100degres/speed1
After cooking time is over, carefully try a few of the beans. If you feel they are not soft enought to your liking, you can add another 200 grams of water and cook for another 25minutes/100degres/speed1
Only after the beans are coocked you should add the salt as the salt will slow down the softening of your beans.
Serve with Quinoa or Brown Rice for a complete protein vegetarian meal.
PREPARATION TIME IS 2HOURS PLUS SOAKING TIME
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Paneer Masala In Tomato Curry
- Sweet potato and chickpea curry
- Kale, spinach and feta pie
- Vegetable Sri Lankan Curry Recipe
- Sweet potato, pea and corn fritters (GF, egg free variations)
- Mushroom, Kale and Barley Pilaf
- Black Bean burgers
- Veg Thai Green Curry Recipe
- Corn and Zucchini Fritters with Chives (Gluten Free)
- Veg biryani
- Quick carrot dhal