- 2 cups dry chickpeas soaked in 5 cups of water for 24 hours changing the water a few times
- 4 onions, quartered
- 4 cloves garlic
- 25 g parsley, washed well and drained
- 2 teasp ground cumin
- 2 teasp ground coriander
- 2 teasp salt
- 1/2 teasp pepper
- 1/2 teasp chilli powder (optional)
- 2 - 3 tblsp Self Raising flour
- Baking powder
- Lebanese bread for serving
8Recipe is created for
Blend onion, garlic parsley and all the spices 10 sec speed 5 scrap down sides
Add drained chickpeas 10 sec speed 5, scrap down sides blend 10 sec speed 5, scrap down sides blend another 5 sec speed 5
At this stage you can freeze half (see tips)
Put the other half in a bowl add 2-3 tabsp S.R flour and 1/2 teasp baking powder. Place on a soup spoon using a small spatula (see picture) and shallow fry turning once till golden on both sides.
Spread Lebanese bread with any or all of the following, roll and enjoy
Hommus, sour cream, chilli sauce, lettuce, sliced white onion, tomato, parsley.
The frozen portion can be defrosted then add the flour and baking powder and follow the same procedure for shaping and frying.
Very handy for a weekend lunch or serving with Hommus dip to enjoy with pre-dinner drinks.
See my Hommus recipe under sauces and dips.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chicken Loaf style seitan (vegan meat)
- Pulled pork style seitan (vegan meat)
- Vegetable Bake
- Shredded chicken style seitan (vegan meat)
- Beetroot Burgers
- Sausage Crumble Style Seitan (Vegan Meat)
- Vegetarian Lasagne
- Cauliflower mango coconut curry
- South Indian Cauliflower Curry
- Pierogi with saurkraut and mushroom filling
- Low carb cauliflower cheese bake
- Sweet potato curry
- Individual Chicken Roulades with Cranberry and Macadamia Stuffing
- Chunky beef, bacon and red wine pie filling
- Frikkadel (Meatballs)
- Parmesan crusted chicken
- Fresh Sweet Corn Fritters
- Arroz Con Pollo Risotto
- Lamb Kofta Rissoles Burgers
- Grain-free herb and sesame bread - Kyra Miles
- Carol’s Mayo
- Moroccan cauliflower 'çous cous' salad - Fouad Kassab
- Chimichurri Sauce
- Herb Oil