- 1 tablespoon buckwheat whole
- 10 sprigs Mint Leavs
- 10 sprigs coriander leaf
- 10 sprigs parsley
- 100 grams Pepitas Seeds
- 100 grams Pistachios (shelled)
- 1/4 red onion
- 2 --- tins chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon baking powder GF
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 Large red chillies trimmed and de seeded, chopped into pieces
- 65 grams apple cider vinegar
- 175 grams water
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot flour
- 40 grams Coconut sugar
Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees celcius (hot). Line two baking trays with baking paper and set aside
Place buckwheat into the bowl and mill 20 seconds speed 9. Set aside (no need to wash the bowl)
Add all herbs to the bowl and chop 5 seconds speed 7. Scrape down the bowl.
Add the pepitas and pistachios, onion and garlic and turbo for 2 seconds to combine.
Add remaining ingredients and with the help of the spatula mix for 30 seconds speed 7 or until well combined. You may need to stop and use the spatula to re-distribute the ingredients.
This recipe will make 25 golf ball sized falafels.
Bake in a hot oven for 30 minutes - turn them over at 15 mins. They should be browning on the outside but soft on the inside.
Place all ingredients in the bowl (other than the arrowroot and salt) and blend for 7 seconds speed 7 or until desired consistency is achieved. You still want to be able to see pieces of chilli and garlic.
Cook for 6 minutes 120degrees speed 1.5
With blades rotating on speed 4 add in the arrowroot and continue to stir until the arrowroot is distributed.
Add sea salt to taste
Store in a glass jar in the fridge - it will last for a few weeks.
Sweet Chilli Sauce (low sugar)
Accessories you need
For a hotter sauce - keep some or all of the seeds.
These two recipes are delicious with hommus and a tabouli salad (I use quinoa)
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Paneer Frankie Recipe
- Paneer Masala In Tomato Curry
- Sweet potato and chickpea curry
- Kale, spinach and feta pie
- Vegetable Sri Lankan Curry Recipe
- Sweet potato, pea and corn fritters (GF, egg free variations)
- Mushroom, Kale and Barley Pilaf
- Black Bean burgers
- Veg Thai Green Curry Recipe
- Corn and Zucchini Fritters with Chives (Gluten Free)
- Veg biryani
- Keto LCHF seed Crackers
- Kazza’s Bolognaise Pasta sauce
- Variation Best Ever Oil Free Hummus
- Christmas Fruit Cake
- 19 Spritzer
- Rima’s Lebanese Rice
- Chicken & Sweetcorn Soup
- Expresso Martini with Dalgona Coffee whip
- Pumpkin Puree (with seeds and skin) for Dogs
- Rima’s Lebanese Cocktail
- Buckwheat, Flaxseed & Psyllium Bread GF
- CORN CHOWDER