- 200 gram yellow split peas, Ground to a flour
- 1 tablespoon Parsley Dried
- 1 tablespoon cumin ground
- 1 tablespoon Onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic power
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- to taste chilli flakes dried
- 100 grams water
- pinch salt
- pinch black pepper
- vegetable oil, For frying
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. grind yellow split peas to a coarse flour using speed 7 until satisfactory. It's ok to have a mixture of gritty and fine just asking as its about 75% medium to fine in texture.
2. Add paraley, cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, curry powder, chilli flakes and salt and pepper. Mix until combined.
3. Add water and leave for 10mins to absorb. You may find that it needs a bit more water, in this case as 30mls at a time and leave to absorb.
4. using wet hands, roll into small balls and flatten slightly. Place the patties into hot oil and fry until golden brown. You could also use two dessert spoons to shape into patties for frying.
Accessories you need
Flattening the patties will ensure they are cooked through.
Serve with hummus!!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Vegetable stew with peanut butter
- SEHAM’S FATTEH
- Iranian Eggplant and Chickpea Stew
- Quorn Chicken Style and Mushroom Stroganoff
- Kisir - Turkish Tabbouli
- Sweet & Sour (not Pork) Cauliflower
- Moroccan eggplant with cauliflower mash
- Beetroot Burgers
- Veggie Loaded Wholefood Pasta Sauce
- The Best Ever Vegan Vegetable Bake
- Onion fritters
- Creamy Coconut Sweet Potato & Chick Pea Curry