- 2 cans Chickpeas
- 2 cloves Galic fresh
- 1/2 red onion
- handful of coriander
- handful of parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 50 g Plain Flour.
- 1 teaspoon Baking Power
- black pepper
- vegetable oil, I use sunflower oil
- 100 g Yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon smoked paprika (good quality)
- 1 cucumber seeded
1h 30minPreparation 1h 30minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Drain chickpeas into simmer basket, rince and drain.
2. Place chickpeas, garlic, red onion, fresh coriander and parsley into bowl and blend for 5secs/speed 5. Scrape down bowl and blend again 5 secs/speed 5.
3. Place salt, and pepper, ground cumin, flour and baking powder into bowl .
Mix10 secs/speed 3 /.
4. Remove from thermomix bowl and place into a container to rest in the refrigerator for an hour. This will help the falafels stay together when frying.
5. In a deep sauce pan or wok heat vegetable oil to about 160c. You can test by dropping a small amount of mix into the oil and if is starts to sizzle and float to the top the oil is ready.
6. Make small balls of falafel mix and place carefully into the oil. Cook for 2-3 minutes and remove and place on paper towels and then serve.
1. Place cucumber into bowl and chop
2. Place yogurt, salt and smoked paprika into bowl and mix
4secs/ speed 3/ .
*This is a very dry mix, do not be tempted to add any liquid as it will fall apart on frying.
*I serve these falafels with pita bread and tomato cucumber salad for a main meal.
* I use Herbies smoked paprika, I found this to be the best flavoured brand.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Spicy Black Bean Burger
- Brown Rice & Lentil Burgers
- Indian Style Dhal with spinach & tomatoes
- Stir fried broccoli
- Spicy Kale and quinoa salad
- Stir Fry Green Beans
- Mujaddara - Lentils and Rice
- Vegan Creamy Mushroom and Garlic Pasta Sauce
- Chicken Loaf style seitan (vegan meat)
- Pulled pork style seitan (vegan meat)
- Vegetable Bake
- Shredded chicken style seitan (vegan meat)
- Spicy Black Bean Burger
- Cauliflower Zuccini rice with cashew nuts
- Soft Flatbread
- Easy date scones
- Fair Dinkum Aussie Pasties
- Chloe’s fav Mac n cheese
- Pineapple and cheese scrolls
- Spinach and cheese scrolls
- Fail free Muffins
- Pork Fritters
- THE BEST RAW AVOCADO CHOCOLATE MOUSSE
- Old fashioned Cream buns