THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 300 grams dried chickpeas
- 400 grams potato, roughly chopped
- 200 grams sweet potato, roughly chopped
- 400 grams onion, (about 1.5-2 large onions)
- 100 grams broccoli
- 4 cloves garlic
- a few sprigs basil
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, (finely ground)
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon garam masala, (from EDC, of course!)
- 1/4 teaspoon GF baking powder
- 30 grams water
- 130 grams cucumber, roughly chopped
- small handful mint leaves
- 200 grams natural or greek yoghurt
Put chickpeas into mixing bowl. Mill 2 min/speed 9-10. Set aside.
Place potato, sweet potato, onion, garlic, broccoli and basil leaves in 300g lots for into mixing bowl and chop each lot 2-3 sec/speed 7. Chop vegetables for a very short amount of time so as to not puree them. Empty chopped vegetables into simmering basket in the sink. Leave to drain for approx. half an hour. During this time, whip up the cucumber raita.
Place chopped vegetables, chickpea flour, and remaining ingredients into mixing bowl and mix 30 sec/ /speed 5. Use the spatula to assist until mixture is well-combined.
Shape into patties (approx 2 tablespoons of mixture per patty).
Heat a tablespoon of oil in a frying pan (more if your frying pan is large). Fry patties in batches over medium-low heat until browned on both sides, taking care not to overcrowd the pan. Replace the oil in between batches. Serve with the cucumber raita.
Put cucumber and mint leaves into mixing bowl. Chop 3 sec/speed 7.
Add yoghurt. Mix 15-20 sec/ /speed 3. Put in the fridge while you finish making the fritters.
You can have this as a vegetarian main - it will serve about 4 people. You could also have it as a side dish, in which case it would serve 6-8 people. Also great for bring a plate events or BBQs.
****Only dairy-free without the cucumber raita. A tomato sauce would be good as a dairy-free replacement for the raita.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Overnight Oats with stewed Apple and Rhubarb
- Easy Pav Bhaji (Mix veg mash)
- Vegetarian Sausage Rolls
- Puttanesca Sauce
- Spicy pumpkin and pea quinoa
- Vegan coconut chickpea curry
- Italian Vegetable Risotto
- Nutty chickpea and sweet potato curry - kid friendly
- Red Lentil, Chickpea & Coriander Dahl (adapted from Woolworths Magazine)
- Silverbeet and Rice Bake
- Apple and Cinnamon Porridge
- FODMAP friendly Eggplant Curry
- Chocolate Mousse Cake
- 'Peanut Butter' Banana Fudge (raw, nut-free)
- GF Cheesy Rolls
- Raw 'Caramel' Dip (or Date Spread)
- Cookie Dough Truffles
- Mango Chutney
- Gluten-Free Spinach and Ricotta Gnocchi
- Roasted Tomato Sauce
- ABC Milk
- Zucchini Flower Risotto with Thyme Oil
- Strawberry, Mango and Passionfruit Jam
- Courgette soup Lou`s way
- Quick Mini Quiches
- Creamy chicken Kiev
- Thai spicy sweet chilli sauce
- Thai spicy sweet chilli sauce
- Cheesy Broccoli Soup - LCHF
- MULLED CIDER
- Chili con Carne Risotto
- Tuna & Corn Fritters - Coles recipe- almost
- Variation Curried Sausages
- Sooji halwa
- Variation Roasted Pumpkin and Mushroom Risotto