- 1 egg
- 180 g buckwheat
- 80 g Butter
- 2 teaspoons TM vegetable stock concentrate
- 2-3 cups boiling water
- 250 g onions
- 250 g Mushroom
Sauté onions in 40g of butter in TMX bowl - 5 minutes at 100 degrees on speed 2 with MC off. Add sliced mushrooms to onions and sauté for an additional 2 minutes at 100 degrees but but on reverse/speed 1, MC off. Remove mixture to a Thermoserver.
Put the remaining butter in the TMX bowl. Melt the butter 30 seconds at 50 degrees C on speed 2. Add the egg and beat 15 seconds at speed 6. Toss in the buckwheat and mix thoroughly - 10 seconds at reverse/speed 4. Check that the groats of buckwheat are mostly separated and well coated with egg/butter mixture. Lightly toast the buckwheat - 1 minute, 100 degrees,reverse/ speed 1. MC off.
Take off lid and allow to stand uncovered for ten minutes.
Add onions and mushrooms to kasha, season with salt and pepper and stir through 20 seconds 90 degrees reverse/speed soft.
Return to Thermoserver.
If you want Kasha Varnishkes, then add cooked bowtie noodles to the dish.
To reheat, put into covered casserole in a slow oven - 100 to 120 degres C for 20 minutes.
Accessories you need
Converted by Roslyn Teirney from a recipe on p.351 of NMAA Cooks Recipes for Busy Mothers, published by Nursing Mothers' Association of Australia, Nunawading, Vic., 1975.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Freeken Good Freekeh Salad!
- Braised Bamboo Shoots
- Pumpkin Falafels
- Vegan Tofu Ricotta Lasagna Roll Ups
- Pumpkin & Brown Rice Quiche
- Satay noodle salad
- Mac 'n' Cheese (with hidden veg)
- Ejjeh (Lebanese Omelette)
- Cheesy vegan Caulisotto
- Vegan Variation Alyce Alexandra's Coconut lamb curry
- Sweet corn fritters
- Aussie potato scallops or Potato Cakes
- Russian Meatloaf
- Varoma pumpkin & whisky bread & butter pudding
- Pumpkin Jam (Misti Kumra)
- Pumpkin and Lentil Dahl
- Hidden Vege Sorbet
- Creamed Cheese Bread Pudding using leftover fruitcake
- Poached Pumpkin with Sesame and Cloves
- Ginger Margarita Sorbet
- Gluten-free maple pudding
- Spiced Blueberry Mousse
- Mint Dip
- PERFECTLY CHOCOLATE CAKE/CUPCAKE
- TURKEY & ZUCCHINI BURGERS WITH SUMAC
- Gin & Tonic Sorbet
- Creamy Fruit Cake
- Passionfruit and coconut cake
- Variation Clone of World's Greatest Banana Cake - quick wholemeal version
- Thai Fish Cakes (Tod mun pla)
- Tuna, Zucchini and Pea Slice
- Cranberry, Oats and White Chocolate Biscuits.
- Bounty Cake
- Double choc caramel slice
- French Chocolate Teacake