- 200 g red lentils, ideally soaked for 2 hours, rinsed and drained
- 50 g olive oil
- 1 Brown onion, peeled
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 red capsicum, cut into pieces
- 400 g diced tomatoes (fresh or tin)
- 1 tbsp TM Vegetable stock paste
- 120 g water
- 1 tsp oregano, dried or fresh
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1 eggplant, cut into slices (ab 500g)
- 500 g soymilk
- 40 g corn flour or tapioca flour
- 30 g olive oil
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 pinch Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Pepper, to taste
3h 55minPreparation 3h 30minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
91st main course 2nd main course Main course Alcohol-free Egg free Gluten free Lactose free Non-dairy Vegetarian Nut free Autumn Spring Summer Winter Baking Heating Steam cooking Steam cooking with Varoma All-in-one cooking with Varoma BBQ Buffet Everyday Party Picnic Creative Easy Low budget Natural Dinner Lunch Supper Greek Legumes dish Vegetable dish
1. Sprinkle Eggplant slices with salt and set aside
2. Preheat Oven to 200C. Grease a casserole dish (30x20 and set aside)
3.Place onion, garlic, capsicum and olive oil in mixing bowl and chop 5 sec/sp 5
4. add tomatoes (incl liquid) and mix 2sec/sp 5. scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
5. add water, stock past, oregano, ginger, salt and pepper and cook 10 mns/Varoma/sp. 1
6. Rinse eggplant and squeeze liquid out and place slices on Varoma (both parts) and place on top of bowl. Steam 10 mns/Varoma/sp. 1. Remove Varoma and set eggplant aside.
7. Add drained lentils to mixing bowl and cook 7 mns/100C/"Counter-clockwise operation" / sp 2.
8. Transfer steamed eggplant to baking dish and top with Lentil mixture. you can do two layers, depending on size of baking dish. Clean and dry mixing bowl.
9.Place all ingredients into mixing bbowl and cook 7 min/90C/speed 4.
10. top Lentil and eggplant with white sauce. Bake 30mns or till topping is golden brown.Serve hot or room temperature
white sauce topping (vegan)
Accessories you need
based on red lentil moussaka from Wholefood Cooking on TRP
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Veggie Fritters
- Vegan Dhal Tadka
- Vegan Dahl Makhani
- Okonomiyaki (Japanese pancake)
- Thermofied by Nads - MN Mujadara
- Palak "Paneer" (with halloumi)
- Variation Vegetarian nachos
- Variation Mexican beans
- Baked beans alkalise cleanse friendly
- ZUCCHINI AND CARROT FRITTERS – EGG FREE
- Khichari / Kachari / Kacaharee / Kachari / Kchree /
- Janine's Spicy Popcorn Cauliflower - Thermie and Friends
- cauliflower sauce (gf df)
- Quinoa Kicharee
- Walnut Patties
- MuesliBars (nut free)
- Nut, Seed and Vanilla Mylk Smoothie
- gluten free vegetable buns
- Rice Tortitas - Spanish
- green smoothie: my favorite!
- Green Smoothie (basic)
- Cream of Asparagus Soup (dairy free)
- Quinoa & Spring Vegetable Salad with Kale Pesto
- Coconut Custard (Vegan)
- Beef and Lentil Soup
- Banana Bread Donuts
- Beef Ragu
- Bigilla - Maltese broadbean dip/paste
- Cacao Protein Slice
- A1 Bakery's Cheese Pie by Haikal Raji - converted by Thermo Cazza
- Simple sausage rolls
- Sticky Date Slice
- Veggie Fritters
- Choc-chip zucchini banana cake
- Sri Lanken Cashew and Coconut Curry Paste (clone of Passage to India)
- Thermomix Play Dough