- 1/4 cup brown rice, soaked
- 1 brown onion, peeled and halved
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3cm cube ginger, peeled
- 1 red chilli
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 zucchini, quartered
- 1 can organic chickpeas
- 1/2 sweet potato, roasted
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon miso paste
- 3 tablespoons tamari, (gluten free soy)
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, + extra for rolling
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Flour
- 1/4 bunch coriander
- salt & pepper, to taste
1h 25minPreparation 45minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
Add 1L of water into thermomix bowl. Drain and rinse rice in simmering basket, and insert into bowl
Steam for 30-40 minutes, speed 3 on Varoma. (or until cooked)
Remove, set aside, and rinse out bowl.
Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
Add onion, garlic, ginger and chilli to bowl, and chop for 3 seconds on speed 5.
Add oil and saute for 3 minutes, reverse, speed 2 on 90 degrees.
Add zucchini, herbs and chickpeas and process on speed 5, for 5-10 seconds.
Place all remaining ingredients (except brown rice) into bowl and combine on speed 5, for 5-10 seconds.
Add brown rice and combine on , speed 4 for 5-10 seconds.
Line a baking tray with baking paper and roll mixture into 10 even balls, rolling in sesame seeds before placing on baking tray.
Bake for 30-40 minutes or until dark brown on the outside.
Feel free to play with the herbs and spices. Another good combination is cumin, paprika, and fresh coriander.
Sweet potato can be replaced with pumpkin.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Ejjeh (Lebanese Omelette)
- Cheesy vegan Caulisotto
- Vegan Variation Alyce Alexandra's Coconut lamb curry
- Sweet corn fritters
- Aussie potato scallops or Potato Cakes
- Stirfry greeg beans with potato
- Quinoa, Chickpea & Spinach Balls in Tomato Sauce
- Mild Capsicum Soup
- Zucchini and Lettuce Soup
- Vegan Moussaka
- Quick & Versatile Vegetable Fritters with Yoghurt Dressing
- Sweet Potato Congee
- Smokey Bacon Dip
- Meatballs with Sauce & Veggie Noodles
- Surf & Turf Seafood Sauce
- Slow Cooked Curried Mince
- Beef Rendang (Indonesian Beef, Chilli And Coconut Dry Curry)
- Honey Sriracha Prawns
- The best beef burger patties-Gluten free
- Creamy Garlic Lemon Butter Sauce
- Lebanese Cabbage Rolls
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Sous vide fillet of beef with mushroom custard (TM6 only) - Chef Mark Southon
- Sweet Chilli Relish / Jam