- 1/4 cup brown rice, soaked
- 1 brown onion, peeled and halved
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3cm cube ginger, peeled
- 1 red chilli
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 zucchini, quartered
- 1 can organic chickpeas
- 1/2 sweet potato, roasted
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon miso paste
- 3 tablespoons tamari, (gluten free soy)
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, + extra for rolling
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Flour
- 1/4 bunch coriander
- salt & pepper, to taste
Add 1L of water into thermomix bowl. Drain and rinse rice in simmering basket, and insert into bowl
Steam for 30-40 minutes, speed 3 on Varoma. (or until cooked)
Remove, set aside, and rinse out bowl.
Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
Add onion, garlic, ginger and chilli to bowl, and chop for 3 seconds on speed 5.
Add oil and saute for 3 minutes, reverse, speed 2 on 90 degrees.
Add zucchini, herbs and chickpeas and process on speed 5, for 5-10 seconds.
Place all remaining ingredients (except brown rice) into bowl and combine on speed 5, for 5-10 seconds.
Add brown rice and combine on , speed 4 for 5-10 seconds.
Line a baking tray with baking paper and roll mixture into 10 even balls, rolling in sesame seeds before placing on baking tray.
Bake for 30-40 minutes or until dark brown on the outside.
Feel free to play with the herbs and spices. Another good combination is cumin, paprika, and fresh coriander.
Sweet potato can be replaced with pumpkin.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Spicy Black Bean Burger
- Brown Rice & Lentil Burgers
- Indian Style Dhal with spinach & tomatoes
- Stir fried broccoli
- Spicy Kale and quinoa salad
- Stir Fry Green Beans
- Mujaddara - Lentils and Rice
- Vegan Creamy Mushroom and Garlic Pasta Sauce
- Chicken Loaf style seitan (vegan meat)
- Pulled pork style seitan (vegan meat)
- Vegetable Bake
- Shredded chicken style seitan (vegan meat)
- Spicy Black Bean Burger
- Cauliflower Zuccini rice with cashew nuts
- Satay Sauce
- Dairy Free Chicken Stroganoff
- Easy pasta side dish
- Fair Dinkum Aussie Pasties
- Mexican Chicken Parmigiana
- Mince and vegetable pinwheels
- Orange Pineapple Juice
- Creamy garlic prawns
- Murgh makhani (Butter chicken)
- Variation Thermonat's chicken pie