- 110 grams Tasty cheese, in 2-3 pieces
- 1/2 cabbage, white or green
- 1 carrot, roughly chopped
- 3 celery stalks, roughly chopped
- 3 --- spring onions, sliced into 1cm rings
- 300 g plain flour, or okonomiyaki flour
- 1 egg
- 30 g brown sugar
- 5 g salt
- 300 g Milk, full cream
- vegetable oil, for frying
- Japanese Mayonnaise (Kewpie), to serve
- 100 g water
- 2 cloves garlic
- 10 g ginger
- 60 g Tomato ketchup
- 30 g tamari
- 10 g mirin
- 20 g rice vinegar
- 15 g white sugar
- 1 teaspoon mustard
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place cheese in TM bowland grate for 5 seconds/speed 9
Add cabbage, carrotand celery, chop for 5 seconds/speed 5
Add spring onions, flour, egg brown sugar, salt and milk, combine reverse/speed 4. After about 10 seconds, slowly add about 100g of water until a stiff batter forms.
Heat vegetable oil in frying pan over medium heat, I have also used a flat sandwich press without any oil while at work to cook these. ladle batter in to make pancakes around 1-1.5cm thick depending on preference. Cook 3 minutes each side until golden
Place garlic and ginger into TM bowl andchop for 4 seconds/speed 7, scrape down the sides.
Add all the other ingredients, plus 1/2 MC water and cook for 10 minutes/100 degrees/speed 1/MC off
This recipe is SO delicious and tasty even with such simple ingredients. Great way of hiding veggies from kids (they'll never know because they taste so good!) I often make a batch of batter and keep in the fridge for a quick easy meal. Also take to work and cook on the flat sandwich press. Others have also made these into small finger food size to serve as canapes
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Vegetarian Chickpea and Mushroom Burgers
- Chickpea stuffed zucchini
- Spicy Vegetable Chapati Wraps
- Vegetable Chow Mein
- Sweet potato and chickpea kofta curry lime dressing
- Vegetarian Lasagne (Gluten free Dairy free option)
- Cauliflower, Paneer and Pea Curry:
- Almond Sushi “Rice”
- Macaroni and Cheese
- Zucchini with tomato (kosa a banadoura)
- Thai Brinjal and Tomato Soup
- FODMAP Friendly Lentil Bolognaise
- Cale's Crepes
- Layelles Too Easy Moist Date & Coconut Loaf
- Chocolate icecream
- Citrus Fruit Mamalade
- Fish with ginger, chilli and soy dressing.
- FLUFFY WHOLEMEAL ROLLS
- Creamed Ruby Chard
- Buttermilk Bread Loaf
- Lemon and Passionfruit Curd
- Pancake\Scone slice
- Lentil and chickpea soup
- Basic Chicken Noodle Soup