- 1 large zucchini (or 2 small), - spiralised or cut into thin strips
- 1 red capsicum, - cut into thin strips
- 1 large handful red cabbage, - cut into small strips
- 1 carrot, - julienned
- 6-8 snow peas, - cut into small pieces
- 6-8 baby corn pieces, - cut into small pieces
- 1 young Thai coconut (flesh), - cut into thin strips (reserve coconut water for Laksa Sauce)
- 1/2 - 1 tsp himalayan pink salt
- 1 young Thai coconut (flesh and coconut water)
- 1 quantity coconut water from coconut used in Rainbow Medley
- 1 stalk lemongrass (white part only), - chopped into small pieces
- 3 cm piece of turmeric (or 1 tsp ground turmeric)
- 2 cm piece of ginger
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 large red chilli
- 4 Kaffir lime leaves, - remove stalk
- 1 shallot, - peeled
- 3 sprigs coriander
- 30 g cashews,raw
- 1 1/2 tbsp tamari
- 2/3 tsp himalayan pink salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 500 g water, - filtered if available
- 30 g coconut oil, - approx 1.5 tbsp
- 4 sprigs coriander leaves, roughly chopped
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place spiralised zucchini into a large bowl and season with salt. Squeeze out excess water after 5 minutes.
Place all remaining ingredients for rainbow medley into the same bowl with the zucchini and season with salt to taste.
Place lemongrass, turmeric, ginger, garlic, chilli, kaffir lime leaves, shallot and coriander into TM bowl and chop for 7 sec, speed 7, scraping down sides and repeating if necessary.
Add to TM bowl the coconut flesh from 1 coconut and chop 10 sec, speed 5.
Add to TM bowl the coconut water from both coconuts, cashews, tamari, salt and pepper. Blend 45 sec, speed 9 or until smooth.
Add to TM bowl the water and coconut oil. Heat 5-6 min, 45 degrees C, speed 1 until thoroughly mixed and warm.
Pour Laksa Sauce over Rainbow Medley vegetables in large bowl or serving dish and mix through before garnishing with coriander leaves and serving.
Accessories you need
Take vegetables out of the fridge a bit earlier so they come to room temperature before preparing dish.
To save time, the capsicum, carrot and cabbage can be chopped in the Thermomix bowl for 3-4 sec, speed 4.5 rather than chopping into strips or being julienned.
Celtic sea salt can be used instead of Himalayan pink salt.
This recipe was created by Kenn Chia of Butter Mafia and Jolanta Baldasso of Thermomixing in the Raw, in conjuction with Ann Musat.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Iranian Eggplant and Chickpea Stew
- Quorn Chicken Style and Mushroom Stroganoff
- Kisir - Turkish Tabbouli
- Sweet & Sour (not Pork) Cauliflower
- Moroccan eggplant with cauliflower mash
- Beetroot Burgers
- Veggie Loaded Wholefood Pasta Sauce
- The Best Ever Vegan Vegetable Bake
- Onion fritters
- Creamy Coconut Sweet Potato & Chick Pea Curry
- Mum’s “Cheese” and Spinach Pie (GF, DF)
- Seham’s Hommus & Foul
- Baby's chicken, vegetables and rice all in one (6 months)
- Spaghetti & Meatballs
- Layali Lubnan (Lebanese Nights) by Layelle
- Iranian Eggplant and Chickpea Stew
- Red Thai Chicken, Coconut & Kaffir Lime Soup
- Minced beef Goulash
- Mee Rebus
- Slow cooked lamb, sweet potato mash and steamed cabbage
- Boobie Biscuits
- sweet chestnut
- Purple sweet potato soymilk
- Tofu Pudding