- 50 grams red onion, quartered
- 2 cloves garlic, or to taste
- 100 grams white wine
- 320 grams quinoa grains, direct from the packet, no need to pre-soak
- 60 grams extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable stock paste
- 250 grams sundried tomato strips, drained of oil
- 735 grams water
- fresh spinach leaves, two handfuls or to taste
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Place red onion and garlic in bowl with measuring cup on and chop 3 sec/speed 5 then scrape down the sides of the bowl with spatula
2. Add olive oil and with measuring cup on saute 3 mins/120 degrees/speed 1
3. Insert butterfly whisk. Add quinoa and saute 1 min/120 degrees//speed 1.5 without the measuring cup
4. Add white wine and saute 2 min/Varoma//speed 1.5 without measuring cup. Scrape bottom of the bowl with spatula
5. Add vegetable stock paste, sundried tomatoes and water. Again scrape the bottom of the bowl. Cook 19 min/100 degrees//speed 1.5. To stop the liquid from splattering, yet let the steam out, place the simmering basket on the lid
6. Put your spinach into the base of your Thermoserver then pour over the quinoa dish, stiring through the spinach. Let it sit for 2-5 minutes with lid on, then serve and enjoy!
Note: can be served with grated parmesan sprinked over the top, or stir the parmesan through the whole bowl with the spinach before serving.
Sundried tomato and spinach quinoa 'risotto'
Can be made in both TM31 and TM5.
The longer the food sits in the thermoserver, the more of the liquid the quinoa will absorb.
Enjoy it cold as a lunchtime snack. Once cold, the dish is more solidified.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Veg Nachos Recipe
- Vegetarian Chickpea and Mushroom Burgers
- Chickpea stuffed zucchini
- Spicy Vegetable Chapati Wraps
- Vegetable Chow Mein
- Sweet potato and chickpea kofta curry lime dressing
- Vegetarian Lasagne (Gluten free Dairy free option)
- Cauliflower, Paneer and Pea Curry:
- Almond Sushi “Rice”
- Macaroni and Cheese
- Zucchini with tomato (kosa a banadoura)
- Thai Brinjal and Tomato Soup