- 900 g Water.
- 200 g brown rice
- 1/2 red capsicum
- 1 cup of Unsalted Cashews
- 3/4 cup of Dried Cranberries or Craisins
- 10 leaves mint
- 1 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1.5 tablespoons soy sauce or tamari
1h 0minPreparation 15minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
91st main course 2nd main course Appetizer Main course Side dish Starter Afternoon tea Brunch Dinner Lunch Snack Alcohol-free Egg free Gluten free Lactose free Non-dairy Vegetarian BBQ Birthday Holiday Kids in the kitchen Party Picnic Creative Easy Quick Cooking Cooling Heating Steam cooking Christmas Rice dish
1. Place 900g Water in TM bowl. Add simmering basket to TM bowl. Place 200g Brown Rice in TM Bowl. Add measuring cup to lid. Cook for 30 minutes at VAROMA temp on Speed 4. Once cooked place rice into serving bowl or container, stir lightly to toss the rice.
2. Rinse bowl thoroughly and dry.
3. Add 10 Mint Leaves to TM bowl and chop for 3 seconds on speed 7.
4. Add 1/2 Red Capsicum to TM bowl and chop for 3 seconds on speed 5. Add capsicum and mint to rice, stir through with spatula
5. Add 1 cup Unsalted Cashews and 3/4 cup of Dried Cranberries to rice and stir through with spatula.
6. Without cleaning bowl add 1 tbsp Sesame Oil, 2 tbsp Olive Oil, 1 tbsp of fresh Lemon Juice and 1.5 tbsp Soy Sauce to TM bowl blend for 10 seconds on speed 10. Slowly pour onto rice and gently stir through. Refreigerate until cooled, serve chilled.
Can add fetta and or pan roasted sunflower seeds
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Ejjeh (Lebanese Omelette)
- Cheesy vegan Caulisotto
- Vegan Variation Alyce Alexandra's Coconut lamb curry
- Sweet corn fritters
- Aussie potato scallops or Potato Cakes
- Stirfry greeg beans with potato
- Quinoa, Chickpea & Spinach Balls in Tomato Sauce
- Mild Capsicum Soup
- Zucchini and Lettuce Soup
- Vegan Moussaka
- Quick & Versatile Vegetable Fritters with Yoghurt Dressing
- Sweet Potato Congee
- Strawberry Mint Lemonade
- Lebanese Cabbage Rolls
- Ejjeh (Lebanese Omelette)
- Cucumber Yoghurt (kheyar b laban)
- Coconut Panna Cotta with tropical salsa
- Layelle’s Turkish Lentil Soup
- Pea & Mint Hummus
- Cinnamon and Mint Tea
- Steamed Sea bass in galangal, lemongrass & turmeric, wrapped in banana leaf & served with green mango salad - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Chicken and Yoghurt Curry (Dahi Murgh)
- Virgin Pina Colada Fruity Dream
- Iced tea syrup