- 3 --- Whole Shallots, roots removed cut in half
- 2 sprigs coriander, leaves, stems and washed root
- 400 g tinned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3 tbsp currants
- 200 g Firm Feta Cheese, pref. goat or sheep, crumbled
- 1 package cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tsp whole coriander seeds
- 3/4 tsp whole cumin seeds
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 1/2 tsp pink salt, Himalayan or Murray River
- pepper, to taste
- 3 large carrots, tops off, roughly chopped
- 2 sprigs mint, leaves only, at least 8 large leaves
- 1/2 tsp Ras el Hanout, optional
- 125 grams pearl coucous, cooked and cooled as per pkt directions
- 125 grams Baby Spinach Leaves, washed
- dry fried seeds, optional for garnish
8Recipe is created for
9African Alcohol-free Egg free Gluten free Lactose free Vegetarian Nut free Autumn Carnival Christmas Easter Father's Day Halloween Mother's Day New Year’s Eve Ramadan Spring Summer Winter Creative Easy Low budget Natural Quick Moroccan Birthday Buffet Everyday Holiday Kids in the kitchen Party Picnic Brunch Dinner Lunch Supper Side dish Vegetable dish
- 1. Place crumbled feta, tomatoes, chick peas, spinach, coucous into salad serving dish. Toss lightly and set aside.
- 2. To TM add mint and coriander. Chop 5 secs speed 7.
- 3. Add Spring onion. Chop 3 secs speed 5. Scrape mix into serving bowl
- 4. With TM turn to speed 8. Drop coriander and cumin seeds through hole and quickly put mc in place. Continue to mill spices for 30 secs.
- 5. Add oil, Ras el Hanout and chilli if using. Saute 3 mins 120c speed 1.
- 6. Add carrot, chop 3 secs speed 5. Move to serving dish
- 7. Add currents, lemon juice, salt and pepper and toss all ingredients together in the serving dish. Sprinkle on seeds if desired.
Couscous can be added to a small pan or pot with 3/4 cup of hot stock or water and simmered gently until liquid is absorbed, about 10 mins. Then cool and drain before adding to serving dish. This can be done the day before if required.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Cauliflower tacos with chipotle sauce
- Soba noodle mee goreng
- "I can't believe it's not Butter Chicken" - Vegan Butter Chicken
- Curry Spiced Chick Pea Wrap (Flat Bread)
- Satay coconut curried vegetables
- Spicy Mexican Bowl with Avocado
- Masoor dal, red lentil curry
- Mushroom Wellington
- Ultimate Vegan Cleansing Salad
- Fresh tomato tart
- Bok choy and coconut curry
- Savoury Oat Flour Pancakes
- Hot Cross Buns with plain flour
- Gluten free cheesecake caramel slice
- Lemon & Blueberry Muffins (Paleo)
- Sweet curry with crumbed chicken on cous cous
- Claypot Rice
- White Chocolate & Cream Cheese Buttercream Icing
- Variation Apricot Chicken
- Blueberry and Lemon Hot Cross Buns
- OMG Ali's Savoury Scones
- Pea & Mint Hummus
- Cauliflower whip
- Easy Lamb Pide