- 2 cm piece of ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 onion, peeled and quartered
- 1 red pepper, de-seeded and quartered
- 1large carrot roughly chopped
- 1 cup of split red lentils rinsed
- 1 tspground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp garam masala, or 1 red chilli
- 1 teaspoons vegetable stock powder
- 1 400ml tin tomatoes
- 1 400ml tin coconut milk/cream
- --- 100 mls water
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- baby spinach
- Insert chopping blade
Blitz onion, red pepper and carrot til small
Change to stirring blade
Add lentils, tinned tomatoes, spices, water and coconut milk and cook for 40 mins 100 degrees speed 1
Add a handful of spinach and squeeze of lemon juice to adult bowls, serve with raita, poppodums, naan, brown rice and mango chutney.
Accessories you need
Serve drizzled with extra coconut milk and tamari with fresh corinander leaves
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Smoky Chipotle Venison Casserole
- Spiced Pumpkin and Vegetable Soup
- NOT BUTTER CHICKEN
- Tomato Salsa Dip
- Meat Free Burger Patties
- Honey Soy Marinade
- Spicy bean soup
- Cauliflower, Zucchini & Fennel Soup
- Cheesy Herb Wraps
- Ira's Borsch (Beetroot Soup)
- Spicy Pumpkin Soup
- Roasted sweet potato and carrot soup