- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 onion
- 1 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 2 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 420 gram Can Three Bean Mix or Kidney Beans, Drained, Rinsed
- 400 gram can brown lentils, Drained, Rinsed
- 400 gram can Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon TM Vegetable Paste
- 2 tablespoon coriander leaves fresh or dried
- 100 gram water
- 2 Avocados, Mashed and seasoned
- sour cream, Made with coconut yoghurt and vegan mayo
8Recipe is created for
- Place the onion and garlic into the TM bowl and chop for 3 seconds on speed 7. Add oil and saute for 2 minutes at 100c on speed 1.
- Add the dry spices and thyme and saute for a further 1 minute on 100c on speed 1.
- Then add the tomato paste and cook for a further 30 seconds on 100c on speed 1.
- Add the beans, lentils, tomatoes, 100 gram of water and 1 generous tablespoon of TM Vegetabls stock paste. Cook for 15 minutes on 100c on REVERSE speed 1.
Once the cooking has finished, stir in the coriander.
Serve with corn chips, a small side salad, mashed avocado and vegan sour cream if desired.
I have adjusted this recipe to be a vegan recipe. We served the chilli in bowls, heated the corn chips and served with mashed avocado and vegan sour cream. It was so quick and easy and delicious. The following was written bt the original poster, who I thank for sharing.
'Don't be put off by how many ingredients are in this recipe, they are household staples and it seriously takes minutes to prepare and thankfully yee old faithful TM does all the rest!'
I have converted this recipe from Valli Little's 'Delicious' Quick Smart Cookbook.
My recommendation in this recipe is to increase the cumin from 1 teaspoon to a whole tablespoon.
Enjoy! It is our midweek staple and the whole family loves it. Including the 4 year old twins!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Vegan Moussaka
- Quick & Versatile Vegetable Fritters with Yoghurt Dressing
- Sweet Potato Congee
- Stir Fry Veggies
- Cauliflower tacos with chipotle sauce
- Soba noodle mee goreng
- "I can't believe it's not Butter Chicken" - Vegan Butter Chicken
- Curry Spiced Chick Pea Wrap (Flat Bread)
- Satay coconut curried vegetables
- Spicy Mexican Bowl with Avocado
- Masoor dal, red lentil curry
- Mushroom Wellington