- 1 sweet potato cubed
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 brown onion
- 1 capsicum green
- 1 capsicum red
- 20 grams olive oil
- 1 heaped tablespoon cayenne powder
- 1 heaped tablespoon cumin ground
- 1 heaped tablespoon coriander
- 1 level teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 chilli red
- 1 chilli green
- 2 cans red kidney beans (400g)
- 2 cans Tinned Tomatoes (400g)
- Salt and Black Pepper
- parsley, fresh
Preheat oven to 200c. Line a baking tin with baking paper, oil with olive oil. Sprinkle the cubed sweet potato with some cumin, cayenne, cinnamon, coriander and place in oven for 20 minutes.
Place red and green chilli in TM Bowl and chop 2 secs / speed 7, set aside.
Meanwhile, Cut onion in half, quarter red and green capsicum and take seeds out, peel garlic and place all in TM Bowl on 3 secs / speed 7, repeat for a finer chop if necessary
Scrape down sides of bowl, add oil and saute for 5 mins/ Varoma/ "Counter-clockwise operation" /speed 1
Add Cayenne, Cumin, Coriander, Cinnamon, salt/pepper and reserved chilli to bowl and cook for a further 6 mins / Varoma / "Counter-clockwise operation" / speed 1.
Scrape sides and base of bowl with the spatula.
Add the drained kidney beans, tomatoes, continue to cook for 10mins / Varoma / "Counter-clockwise operation" / speed 1. Keep an eye on the thickness and add some water if it gets too thick.
Add the roasted sweet potato and stir with the spatula.
Serve with Sour Cream and Guacamole from the EDC.
Sprinkle with fresh parsley.
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Veggie Fritters
- Vegan Dhal Tadka
- Vegan Dahl Makhani
- Okonomiyaki (Japanese pancake)
- Thermofied by Nads - MN Mujadara
- Palak "Paneer" (with halloumi)
- Variation Vegetarian nachos
- Variation Mexican beans
- Baked beans alkalise cleanse friendly
- ZUCCHINI AND CARROT FRITTERS – EGG FREE
- Khichari / Kachari / Kacaharee / Kachari / Kchree /
- Janine's Spicy Popcorn Cauliflower - Thermie and Friends
- Fara's red kidney beans and beef chilli
- Sri Lanken Cashew and Coconut Curry Paste (clone of Passage to India)
- Avocado Lime sauce (for fish Taco)
- All Green Stock Powder
- Peanut Satay Chicken
- Recco Classico
- Fara's Salmon Curry
- Creamy Bacon Thyme Sauce
- Pasta with spicy tomato sauce
- Goat Bhuna Ghost
- Spicy Chai Latte
- Yellow rice in the rice cooker