- 1/2 red onion, (peeled and halved)
- 1 clove garlic, (peeled)
- 1 sprig Thyme, (leaves removed)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 500 g Roma tomatoes, (deseeded and diced - sorry but have to do this by hand!)
- 6 long red chillies, (deseeded if you don't want jam too hot - I leave them in)
- 200 g brown sugar
- 40 g White wine vinegar or Rice Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 centimetre piece fresh ginger
Recipe is created for
Place the onion, garlic, ginger, chilli and thyme in the bowl and chop Sp5 for 4/5 seconds. Add olive oil in bowl and sauté for 2 minutes, 120 degrees on sp1.5.
Add the rest of the ingredients and cook for 30 minutes, 120 degrees on Sp 1.5. Check after 30 minutes - if a thicker consistency is required then cook a further 15-20 minutes or until the mixture is a jam-like consistency. Allow to cool before spooning into clean sterilised glass jars or serving bowls.
Inspired by Andy Allen's recipe - Masterchef Winner.
I usually double the quantity.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.