- 1/2 red onion, (peeled and halved)
- 1 clove garlic, (peeled)
- 1 sprig Thyme, (leaves removed)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 500 g Roma tomatoes, (deseeded and diced - sorry but have to do this by hand!)
- 6 long red chillies, (deseeded if you don't want jam too hot - I leave them in)
- 200 g brown sugar
- 40 g White wine vinegar or Rice Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 centimetre piece fresh ginger
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place the onion, garlic, ginger, chilli and thyme in the bowl and chop Sp5 for 4/5 seconds. Add olive oil in bowl and sauté for 2 minutes, 120 degrees on sp1.5.
Add the rest of the ingredients and cook for 30 minutes, 120 degrees on Sp 1.5. Check after 30 minutes - if a thicker consistency is required then cook a further 15-20 minutes or until the mixture is a jam-like consistency. Allow to cool before spooning into clean sterilised glass jars or serving bowls.
Inspired by Andy Allen's recipe - Masterchef Winner.
I usually double the quantity.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Tuna Dip
- Zingy lime and lemon marmalade
- Quince relish for Irina
- Easy homemade onion gravy
- Nanny's Bolognese Sauce
- White Sauce for lasagna
- Smoked Trout Dip
- Tomato-less tomato sauce (AIP friendly)
- Healthier Hazelnut Cacao Nut-ella - Dairy Free (Like Nutella) Soaking version
- Davidson Plum Chutney
- Vegan "Cheese" Sauce
- Chicken Liver Pate
- Crispy Ginger Cookies
- Stewed Beef Brisket with tomato
- Tuna Dip
- Chicken, pumpkin, basil pesto risotto
- Sweet corn fritters
- Cheesy green capsicum chicken
- Aussie potato scallops or Potato Cakes
- Scallion chicken
- ThermoKitchen Seasoned Sushi Rice
- Banana oat pancake
- Hearty Beef Stew With Dumplings
- Kyiden’s Mac n’ Cheese