- 1/2 red onion, (peeled and halved)
- 1 clove garlic, (peeled)
- 1 sprig Thyme, (leaves removed)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 500 g Roma tomatoes, (deseeded and diced - sorry but have to do this by hand!)
- 6 long red chillies, (deseeded if you don't want jam too hot - I leave them in)
- 200 g brown sugar
- 40 g White wine vinegar or Rice Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 centimetre piece fresh ginger
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place the onion, garlic, ginger, chilli and thyme in the bowl and chop Sp5 for 4/5 seconds. Add olive oil in bowl and sauté for 2 minutes, 120 degrees on sp1.5.
Add the rest of the ingredients and cook for 30 minutes, 120 degrees on Sp 1.5. Check after 30 minutes - if a thicker consistency is required then cook a further 15-20 minutes or until the mixture is a jam-like consistency. Allow to cool before spooning into clean sterilised glass jars or serving bowls.
Inspired by Andy Allen's recipe - Masterchef Winner.
I usually double the quantity.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Turkish simit
- Lemon Slice
- The. Fast 800 Chicken Pieces with Parmesan Crumb converted by Thermo-lish
- Tracy’s Beef Rendang
- Chinese Cabbage and Pork Bun
- Rice and lentils (majadra)
- Traditional buttery mash potato
- Lettuce and Pea Soup
- Hearty Ginger Slice
- Chicken spinach and basil dumplings
- Dulce de Leche/Caramel thumb-print cookies
- Tasty Shepherds Pie