- 150 grams Whole Wheat Flour
- 150 grams plain flour
- 50 grams brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 500 grams buttermilk
- 60 grams Maple syrup
- 30 grams golden syrup
- 100 grams sultanas
- 70 grams dried cranberries
- 165 grams mixed seeds and nuts of choice
Prepare a 9” x 5” loaf tin while the oven pre heats for 160 degrees
Put the larger nuts in the bowl, blitz on Speed 6 for 7-10 seconds depending how fine you want the seeds and nuts, I like them a bit chunky. Remove from bowl and put aside
Add in the whole wheat flour, plain flour, sugar, cardamom, pepper, baking powder, baking soda and salt into the bowl. Mix on speed 2 to incorporate the dry ingredients.
Add the Buttermilk, maple syrup and golden syrup and mix on speed 4 until combined.
Add in the rest of the ingredients and mix on speed 3 until incorporated.
Pour into your prepared tin and spread it out to an even level.
Bake for 50 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean from the centre of the loaf.
Once ready cool the loaf in the tin for 25 minutes, then onto a wire rack to cool completely.
I find this will cut better if I put it in the fridge to chill.
Get the oven to 150 degrees and line your trays.
Slice as thinly as you like using a serrated knife. I cut the slices then cut them in half. Doing this will get you at least 70 crackers.
Place them on your tray and toast for 12 minutes. Then remove the trays, turn each cracker over and cook for another 12 minutes or until the are the desired colour. I find 10 minutes second time has been ok. If they still feel too soft, pop them back in.
These should last in an airtight container for a week, but they never last that long here
Try swapping the cranberries and sultanas. I think apricots would be nice in these also
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Parsley, Rocket & Pistachio Pesto
- Raw Tahini Dressing
- Guilt free Hollandaise Sauce
- Apricot jam (made with maple syrup)
- Creamy Chicken, Bacon and Mushroom Vol au Vents
- Nanna Smith’s Caramel Sauce
- Caramelised onion and beetroot relish
- Capers and Lemon Aioli
- Basil Pesto
- Apple and sage sauce
- Caitys chutney
- Avocado Hummus
- Bacon and cinnamon scrolls with salted maple glaze
- Spiced Oat Muffins
- Chicken & Vegetable Pie
- Middle Eastern BBQ'd Pumpkin Bread
- Savoury Biscotti
- Alkalising GF/DF/EF/YF bread
- Raw Choc Covered Christmas Pudds
- Pecan and Maple Syrup slice
- Luxurious Oatmeal Milk Bath
- Ultimate Vegan Cleansing Salad
- Green Smoothie Muffins
- Quick fruit sponge