- 250 g plums
- 750 g Davidson plums
- 2 Red onions, quartered
- 2 cloves garlic
- 10 g ginger, stem, or glace ginger
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 green apple, cored and quartered
- 100 g sultanas
- 500 g brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp mustard powder
1h 15minPreparation 15minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
- Halve the plums and remove stones. Davidson plums have 2 stones.
- Place garlic, onions and ginger in bowl and chop 3 sec / sp 6. Scrape down sides.
- Add apple and plums and chop 5 sec / sp 5
- Add sultanas, sugar, salt and dry mustard and mix 5 sec / sp 1, use spatula to assist. 500g might seem like a of of sugar, but Davidson plums are very tart.
- Cook 15 min / 100 C / Reverse / sp 2. Use simmering basket instead of measuring cup.
- Reduce heat and cook 45 min / 90 C / Reverse / sp 2. Use simmering basket instead of measuring cup.
- Pour into sterilised glass jars. Seal, cool and refrigerate.
Sterilise your jars while the chutney is cooking. Place them in a pan of boiling water for 10 mins, or on a tray in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
If you dont have Davidson plums you can use regular plums and reduce the sugar to 250g.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Gingerbread Loaf
- Chocolate Hot Cross Buns
- White Chocolate and Apricot Hot Cross Buns
- Vic’s Sweet Chilli Sauce
- Marinara Sauce
- Corn and Zucchini Fritters with Chives (Gluten Free)
- Broccoli cheese bites
- Veg biryani
- Mums best ever pasta sauce
- Grain Free Dairy Free Keto Lasagna
- Pate au Pistou
- FAILSAFE PIZZA POCKETS