- 1 --- medium to large brown onion, peeled and quartered
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 1 teaspoon Vegetable stock paste
- 1 pinch raw sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 250 gram Light cream cheese
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Chop onions 5sec/sp7, scrape bowl and repeat. Add all other ingredients except cream cheese. Cook 10mins/100C/sp1 without the MC. Set aside and allow to completely cool (can be refrigerated overnight).
Put cold onion mixture and cream cheese in bowl 20sec/sp4. Serve immediately or store in the fridge until ready to enjoy (tastes even better the day after!)
Accessories you need
This is a great dip for lunch boxes as it is quite thick. I place it in a sillicone cucake mould along with vegie sticks.
If a thinnier dip is prefered or using full fat cream cheese add a little milk when combing onion mixture and cream cheese.
As per the comments, I have tried blending the cream cheese and onion mixture together imediately after cooking and this works fine, its then ready to serve imediately or refridgerate until needed.
This recipe is also great doubled to feed a big crowd, double all ingredients and cook for 13minutes instead of 10.
Also check out my cob loaf variation of this dip - yum!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Hot and Smooth Chilli Sauce
- Classic Satay Sauce
- Vegemite - Healthy Version
- Curry paste for Japanese Curry
- Peanut Butter
- Organic Mix Berry Chia Jam
- Egyptian Beetroot Dip
- Thai spicy sweet chilli sauce
- Thai spicy sweet chilli sauce
- Cheesy Salmon Dip with a HIT 💥
- Variation KASUNDI - Spicy Indian Chutney
- Strawberry Cheesecake dip
- Not-too-naughty Easter Slice
- Delicious french onion and spinach cob loaf
- Fruit and Veg Slurpie
- 1 ingredient peanut butter - Clone of Quick and Easy Peanut Butter
- Rice bubble slice - refined sugar free, lunch box friendly!
- Nushi's Tahini Paste
- Nushi's Thai Basil and Spinach Pesto
- Nushi's Banana and Blueberry Pikelets
- Nushi's Mango Chia Pudding
- Nushi's Varomarised Chook
- Nushi's Kashmiri Chicken, Lentil and Pumpkin Curry
- Nushi's Sugar Reduced Mini Banana Loaves
- Date, Walnut and Ginger Loaf
- Baked Bubbly Muesli Bars
- Budget Brownie
- Chocolate LCM bars - Gluten Free, Nut Free, Sugar Free
- 5 Ingredient Peanut Butter Energy Balls
- Apple & Onion Parcels
- Creamy Cauliflower Mash
- Quick Milo Muffins
- Quick & Easy Blueberry Cake
- Ice Cream Sandwich Cookies
- Mel's Oat and Coconut Bars
- Best South African Milktart (Melktert)