- 1 juice small lime or lemon, and set aside
- 250 g canola oil, = to 1 1/4 cups
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 2 tsp Dijon smooth mustard
- 1/2 tsp ground sea salt
- 3 heaped teaspoons grated fresh Parmesan cheese, or to taste
- 1 clove garlic, small clove or 1/2 a lrge clove
- 1 portion fresh dill, around a handful of leaves (or to taste)
- 1 portion fresh flat leaf parsley - leaves only, a large handful
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
All ingredients need to be at room temperature for the best results
Squeeze the juice of the lime (or lemon if you prefer) and set aside
Place a pouring jug onto mixing bowl lid and weigh the oil then aside
Chop the garlic, dill and parsley 2-4 sec / speed 8
Scrape down the sides of the thermo jug, chop again if you want the blend finer
Add all other ingredients except the canola oil
Mix 1 min 30 sec / speed 4
Trickle the canola oil in at the slowest pace possible. It should take up to 6 minutes or so. The slower you can manage to drizzle, the thicker the mayonnaise will be. Do this at speed 4 until desired consistency or oil has been emuslified into the egg mixture (around 6-7 minutes)
As a final step - fold through half the amount of lime or lemon juice and taste. Adding additional juice as per taste using the stir mode. (less than 1)
Transfer to a glass jar and refrigerate
Should last for around 2-3 weeks
This mayonnaise is the closest thing to our favourite store bought herb mayonnaise (without the nasties).
It has the hubby's 2 thumbs up and goes on every sandwich, roll or toasted indulgence.
It works not only as a delicious mayonnaise but as a topping for poached eggs, poached or baked salmon, trout or as a cooked prawn dipping sauce.
If you make and like - PLEASE rate
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Blue Cheese and Caper Butter
- Roasted Carrot & Garlic Dip
- Calamansi Jam/Marmalade
- Sicilian Olive Tapenade
- Crayfish Cob Loaf
- Natural Almond Butter
- Never try another hummus again!
- Cajeta Envinada (Mexican Caramel Spread)
- Pub Style Creamy Mushroom Sauce
- English Salad Cream
- Cream Cheese
- Chilli laksa sauce
- Garlic Soup
- Venetian Biscuits
- Chocolate Coconut Biscuits
- Old-Fashioned Cooked Mayonnaise
- Roasted Carrot & Garlic Dip
- Cauliflower, Paneer and Pea Curry:
- Super simple Orange and poppy seed cake...perfect for kids to make!
- Sweet Potato & Lentil Soup
- Creamy chicken pasta / Mac
- Lasagne with Spinach and Ricotta
- Variation Balti Beef Curry
- Curried Sausages